The clinic Assuta employs the best surgeons of Israel, which have a high level of knowledge and experience, many of them have been recognized at the international level. Every year the medical center held about 90 thousand operations.
Existing modern technologies available in Assuta, which undoubtedly provides a high quality surgical care. Depending on the spread of the disease and health clinic successfully used minimally invasive surgery by laparoscopic or robotic equipment (robot da Vinci). This type of surgery for cancer of the uterus provides a shorter stay in hospital and rehabilitation as a whole, as well as a number of other advantages.
If you need high quality medical care, our company «Unims» to quickly organize an operation in Assuta cost similar rates of department of international tourism, but with a wider range of non-medical services.
We have work experience - more than 10 years, enter the Israeli association of medical tourism companies on a contractual basis cooperates with 7 clinics in Israel (private and public).
Surgery is the main treatment for uterine cancer in Israel. It is used:
- To determine the exact stage of the disease.
- To try to cure the disease completely remove the tumor.
- Surgically extract the maximum amount of malignancy before applying other treatments.
- Reduce pain and relieve symptoms, such as, for example, bleeding.
Stage cervical cancer is determined during surgery. Accurately set the phase of the disease is very important because it affects the purpose of further treatment. Surgical staging includes two main steps:
1) Gynecological examination under general anesthesia.
2) Study of the abdominal cavity:
- The study of surfaces in the pelvic region and the peritoneum.
- A biopsy of the peritoneum, and any areas that look abnormal.
- Removal of lymph nodes in the pelvic area and around the aorta.
- Total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy.
- Perhaps the removal of the gland.
- Removal of any tumors in the area.
Preparation for surgery for uterine cancer
Operation is preceded by several tests, consultation with the anesthesiologist.
A patient give special elastic stockings that need to be worn during and after surgery to help prevent blood clots in the legs (blood clots).
During this period, should discuss with your doctor any concerns and ask questions.
If the patient smokes, you should try to quit or at least cut down. This will help reduce the likelihood of complications - infections, accelerate the process of amendment.
Surgery for cancer of the uterus in the Assuta
Type is determined mainly by the stage of disease and the presence of any significant medical indications. Perhaps a few surgical procedures at the same time to remove the maximum amount of malignancy. Staging can be carried along with them.
This is surgery to remove the uterus and cervix. Lymph nodes in the pelvis and around the aorta (para-aortic), as a rule, also resected at the time of hysterectomy.
Abdominal hysterectomy, the most common is abdominal surgery.
Laparoscopic hysterectomy is performed through small incisions with the help of special instruments and a laparoscope. The image of the internal organs is displayed on the screen. The uterus and ovaries are removed through the vagina or incision in the abdomen. Women recover quickly from this type of hysterectomy. It implies a short period of stay in the clinic, but only has a certain indications.
During the operation of the inspection body located near the uterine cancer surgeon. This includes the introduction of fluid into the peritoneal cavity and remove it to check for the presence of malignant cells.
Resection of lymph nodes
During surgery to remove the uterus possible partial or complete removal of all the lymph nodes located near the body, and para-aortic inguinal lymph nodes. Then they were tested for the presence of malignant segments.
Information on the lymph nodes will help the doctor decide on further treatment. The second and third stage of endometrial cancer is removed, the first - resection may not be necessary if only CT or MRI results do not show the tumor process.
This surgery, during which removed the fallopian tubes and ovaries. Is generally carried out in conjunction with hysterectomy.
Exenteration of the pelvic organs - a serious operation, which may recommend that patients with recurrent disease. The reproductive organs (ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, and cervix) is removed together with the lymph nodes in the pelvis. Bladder or rectum may also be resected, if the neoplastic process has affected them. This surgery for cancer of the uterus will help to control the disease and improve the effectiveness of treatment after that. As a rule, it is rarely carried out.
When the cancer has spread throughout the abdomen, doctors will try to remove the maximum amount of tumor. This procedure is called cytoreduction. It increases the effectiveness of other treatments - radiotherapy or chemotherapy.
If the disease has penetrated into the liver or lungs, surgery is not always possible. It is performed only when the tumor is localized.
Cervical cancer - surgery in Assuta
The speed of the recovery process due to the type and volume of surgical intervention.
After surgery to remove the uterus cancer adjusted dropper, through which the body fluid enters and intravenous nutrition. Also put a catheter to drain urine from the bladder.
To eliminate the pain and discomfort use painkillers. Depending on the nature of the operation in the first two days may require stronger analgesics. They are administered intramuscularly by injection or via infusion pump to a patient-controlled analgesia. The drugs enter the bloodstream after pressing. This system is designed so that the patient receives a safe dose.
There is an opportunity to give pain medication via epidural infusion during the first few days. In the region of the back, in the space surrounding the spinal cord, injected thin tube through which a local anesthetic and other pain medication. electronic pump can be used.
Drugs work as follows: they provide a continuous numbness in the operating zone. If the medication has no effect, the dose may be increased or prescribe another.
After surgery for uterine cancer in a patient Assuta recommended to start as soon as possible to move. It is important for recovery as it helps prevent the risk of infection and blood clots.
If you need to comply with bed rest, the nurse will stimulate perform regular motion exercises for the legs and deep breathing. Physiotherapist advises.
Extract from the clinic
After abdominal hysterectomy patient can leave the clinic after 2-8 days. If surgery was laparoscopic - 1-4 days after the operation. The doctor advises that promote recovery.
Recovery after surgery for cancer of the uterus in the Assuta
The recovery process will be driven view from surgery. Some time it is important to try to get plenty of rest and eat well. If there are any problems, you need to see a doctor.
It is recommended to avoid strenuous motor activity or heavy lifting for about three months after hysterectomy and 1.5 months after laparoscopic surgery. A physical therapist will give advice on this matter. Needed light exercise, such as walking, gradually increasing the load. This will increase the level of energy and well-being will improve.
For normal sexual life can return at least one and a half months after surgery for cancer of the uterus, allowing the wound to heal properly. Sometimes it takes more time.
In younger women a hysterectomy and removal of ovaries causes menopause, which leads to the appearance of menopausal symptoms.
Possible unwanted effects after surgery for cancer of the uterus
Negative effects can accompany any type of treatment, but their manifestations are individual for each patient. Assuta Hospital doctors use the latest methods and technologies that reduce the likelihood of complications. On the occurrence of undesirable effects is influenced by such factors as the type of operation, the general health status of women, the effect of other therapies (eg, tissues that were exposed to radiation can heal for a long time).
Consider the common potential side effects of surgery.
- Nausea and vomiting may be the effects of general anesthesia. In order to prevent and control of commonly prescribed drugs. After a few days the symptoms go away.
- Difficulty in urination process is sometimes observed after surgery. The reason may be some drugs that have been used for anesthesia.
- There is a possibility of infection after surgery for cancer of the uterus. In some cases, the wound drains are placed to remove excess liquid. The preventive and curative purposes used antibiotics. Signs of infection are redness, swelling or tenderness, fever.
- Lung problems can be caused by a number of reasons - the location of the incision, type of operation for uterine cancer, pre-existing lung disease, smoking - it can be a lung infection (pneumonia) or a collapsed lung. Stopping smoking prevents these problems. Exercises with breathing, coughing, possible physical activity in the conditions of confinement to bed can help prevent complications of data. Sometimes the doctor gives a spirometer, which helps to take deep breaths.
- Deep vein thrombosis can occur immediately after surgery, the cause is the lack of traffic and other factors. Smoking cessation, changes in leg position and exercise reduces the risk of blood clots. With a high probability of complications administered low dose of anticoagulants such as heparin. It is important to immediately inform your doctor if there is a spasm in the calf, swelling, pain, sudden shortness of breath.
- Disorders of the digestive tract can be triggered by the action of the anesthetic - for a number of days after the operation the intestine is not functioning properly. The person may feel bloating, vomiting and nausea. Sometimes there is paralytic ileus (ileus), which is a temporary problem that disappears in about a week.
- Lymphedema is an accumulation of fluid in the body after removal of the lymph nodes - edema. To eliminate it used a range of measures - exercise, therapeutic massage, and others.
- Scarring is an integral part of the healing process after surgery. The scars may be visible for a long time or become permanent, but often disappear.