Chemotherapy is one of the main methods of treatment of malignant neoplasms. For this purpose, medicaments, irreversibly damaging cancer cells or inhibiting their uncontrolled division proliferation.
Types of chemotherapy in Israel
- Curative chemotherapy - an independent kind of treatment in Israel, which is used to suppress the malignant process and destroy cancer cells.
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy is carried out prior to radiation therapy and surgery. The main goal of this treatment in Israel - a decrease in the size of the primary tumor, the destruction of metastases in regional lymph nodes, determination of the sensitivity of cancer to chemotherapy in general, and improved survival of patients after combined treatment.
- Adjuvant chemotherapy is usually complements radiation and surgical methods for the treatment of cancer . The goal of adjuvant therapy - eradication of latent tumor metastasis after surgery or radiation treatment. This method significantly improves survival and reduces the risk of disease recurrence.
- Induction chemotherapy is administered to patients with inoperable tumors. In the future, this method makes it possible to carry out surgical treatment in clinics in Israel.
Chemotherapy cycles performed medication, since tumor cells are most sensitive to cytostatics during fission.
Oncology department in Israel has a powerful arsenal of chemotherapeutic agents. Unfortunately, most of them have serious side effects, among which:
- weight loss
- hair loss
- generalized weakness
The toxicity of anticancer drugs stimulates the Israeli scientists to develop new, less toxic drugs and methods of their administration. The Assuta Hospital used a new drug with a less pronounced toxic effect.
Chemotherapy other internal organs can lead to side effects. To avoid this we use special products to protect the internal organs: heart, kidneys, and other. Targentnye developed drugs that act directly on cancer and does not affect healthy cells.
Targentnaya successfully therapy is used to treat:
- pancreatic cancer
- liver cancer
- lung cancer
- esophageal cancer
- breast cancer (breast cancer treatment)
- head and neck tumors
For the treatment of cancer in Israel chemotherapists uses new technology introduction of anticancer drugs. For example, chemical ablation - the introduction of the drug directly into the tumor with the aim of destruction (necrosis) tumor cells. In the treatment area of influence is replaced by connective tissue. Thanks to this procedure, many patients with hepatocellular liver cancer received effective treatment in clinics in Israel.
Oncologists in Israel use regional chemotherapy technique. In an artery or vein that feeds the tumor-tissue, the catheter is installed, the pump or the port on which the tumor region is administered chemotherapeutic drug.
Used chemoembolization method - introduction into an artery supplying the tumor, oil himioembolizata with cytostatic or microspheres. Due to the method of blocked blood vessels that feed the cancer and cytotoxic agents exert their anti-tumor destructive effect.
Chemotherapy in Israel - a guarantee of efficacy and minimal side effects.
How much does chemotherapy in Israel?
The cost of the course of chemotherapy will depend on the length and complexity of treatment. Each organ before treatment should be diagnosed and then the doctor will prescribe an individual treatment of chemotherapy. The exact cost of chemotherapy in Israel will be known only after studying your diagnosis. Send us the documents, and we will calculate the price. Below you can see the approximate price of treatment in the clinic Assuta:
- Oncologist Consultation - $ 600
- Tests of blood clotting - $ 80
- Biochemical analysis - $ 280
- Drugs - $ 360
- One chemotherapy session - $ 1080