Cancer Treatment papilla of Vater in Israel Assuta Hospital is receiving patients from around the world. Geographically, the pathology is located at the confluence of the bile duct into the duodenum 12. Wrong to assume that this is one disease. This is a group of various pathologies, combined spot location changes and symptoms. The neoplasm may be a primary character when emerged in the above area, and may treat tumor proliferation secondary, dispersed as a result of metastasis of other organs and tissues (eg,duodenum 12). Experts say that the tumor Vater nipple has a rounded shape and rarely exceed 2.5 cm in diameter. It is distinguished by slow growth and long term, in which it does not go beyond the limits of the body. If this happens, the cancer is an aggressive form of the spread. The pathological process immediately involved the liver, lymph nodes and other nearby structures.
Advantages of cancer treatment in Israel, Assuta
The benefits of treatment in Israel a lot. Among the key factors due to which the Russian-speaking patients prefer, release:
- Professional medical staff. Therapy are world-class experts. Among them, Prof. Moshe Inbar, Erwin Santo Abraham Chernyak, Joseph Klausner and others.
- Course on organ-saving operations. Many surgical procedures are performed non-invasively using laparoscopic punctures and imaging equipment control.
- In carrying out surgical techniques involved remote-controlled robotic equipment of last generation.
- Reasonable prices for treatment. In Israel, the treatment is cheaper than in Europe, but the level of medical care is not inferior to the famous clinics of America, France, Germany and other developed countries. The average cost diagnosis of gastrointestinal diseases patients in 2016 to 3640 dollars. Surgery for Wipple technology will be $ 50,000. The cost is calculated depending on the level and qualifications of the doctor, taking into account the hospital after surgical correction of health.
- The clinic employs a significant part of the medical staff (doctors, nurses) is fluent in Russian. This allows you to remove communication barriers and tune in to recovery under the supervision of experienced physicians.
An important detail - together with payment of the diagnostic programs in Israel, you get an appointment at the airport upon arrival, transfer to your destination, the SIM card to make phone calls with the tariff of Israel and a number of the country, text adapting the diagnostic evaluation and treatment at the Russian language.
Among the symptoms that characterize the appearance of anomalies and signals the need for cancer treatment papilla of Vater in Israel or elsewhere, appear:
- Yellowness of the skin that develops in ¾ of cases of disease.
- Heat, which has the character of a sudden appearance.
- Renal colic, upset his chair.
- Spotting structure feces.
- Drastic weight loss performance.
- Pain radiating to the back, nausea, urge to vomit.
When these symptoms be sure to consult doctor. However, not all of them indicate the presence of cancer pathology. You can find the same symptoms in a person who has no cancer history.
Causes of cancer of major duodenal papilla
Among the reasons that may require treatment Vater papilla cancer in Israel, it should be noted:
- Genetic factors - K-Ras mutations in genes violation p53DPC4 / SMAD4, transforming growth factor TGF.
- Inflammatory bowel disease.
- The loss of alleles of chromosome 17p and 18q, as evidenced by the relationship with cancer (55% and 36%, respectively).
- Bad habits (smoking, alcohol abuse).
- General health condition (diabetes), and others.
Cancer papilla of Vater diagnosed using imaging techniques, endoscopy and biopsy. The doctor finds the patient's medical history, conducting a physical examination, writes the direction of the blood, urine, and performs endoscopy study non-invasive imaging.
For the purpose of cancer treatment protocol papilla of Vater in Israel carried out a full diagnosis of the anomaly. It takes 3 days, 4 hours the patient receives a treatment protocol, in which he will be assisted. Among the diagnostic methods:
- Blood tests - include an assessment of hemoglobin, the ability to show the presence of anemia caused by bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract.
- Performed liver function tests - to detect bilirubin, amylase, alkaline phosphatase, and other indicators. If the tissue develops the cancer process, the liver functions suffer.
- Urinalysis - shows jaundice during its propagation in the body.
- Tumor markers - determination of substances indicating the development of tumors. For this type of cancer there are no specific markers. However, carbohydrate antigen 19-9 (CA 19-9) can be raised and carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA). But such an increase is observed in other cancer pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Ultrasound - it helps to prevent gallstones. Endoscopic ultrasonography - more sensitive tool for the diagnosis of cancers and stages can identify tumor size of less than 1 cm.
- CT - does not define small lesions, but shows signs of the spread of diseases around the study area.
- MRI - a sensitive test to detect cancer of major duodenal papilla.
- Chest X-ray - shows if the anomaly has spread to the lungs.
When conducting endoscopy under ultrasound tissue slice can be withdrawn to obtain a sample by a pathologist who will cytological and histological analysis.
Cancer Treatment papilla of Vater in Israel
Surgery is the main treatment method. Advanced cases may include installation of the stent - papillotomy and palliative therapy. In drawing up the treatment protocol takes into account additional factors:
- age and state of health of the patient, presence of chronic diseases;
- presence of allergic reactions to medication drugs;
- tumor size, stage and extent of malignancy.
Vater nipple constructed treatment of cancer in Israel in the following schemes.
If the tumor is large or has spread to the surrounding tissues and organs, performed the procedure Whipple. During this operation, the lower half of the stomach, gall bladder, distal common bile duct, pancreas head, the upper part of the small intestine and regional lymph nodes are removed. The remaining part of the stomach, bile ducts and pancreas are fixed with a circumcised end of the small intestine.
Installation biliary stents performed endoscopically or via an open incision of the skin.
The benefits of chemotherapy and radiation therapy in the treatment of cancer of major duodenal papilla not been established in Israel. Despite this, in some situations, these methods complement the course of treatments. They help to cope with the growth of malignant cells and destroy the activity of fission.
Contact us, we will advise on all matters!