For the treatment of arthritis in Israel each year attracts thousands of patients from around the world. Assuta Hospital offers surgical, medical care, alternative medicine. Private center has everything necessary to correct violations: professional staff, innovative equipment, the latest generation of drugs.
Rheumatoid arthritis ─ what is it?
One of the most common types of the disease is considered to rheumatoid arthritis. It is a chronic autoimmune disease that causes pain, swelling, limited range of motion. If any impairment of the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissue, causing its degeneration. The ends of the bones are covered with an elastic insert, called cartilage. It serves to support and protect the joints during movement.
Under the articular synovial membrane capsules is that produces a liquid which acts as a lubricant. This grease provides cartilage nutrition. In people with rheumatoid arthritis, elevated white blood cells create inflammation in the synovium, which leads to swelling of the joints of the walls, the appearance of pain when moving. Uncontrolled inflammation may lead to loss of motion, damage to other body tissues. Therefore, people with rheumatoid arthritis every day experiencing all of the great distress symptoms.
Rheumatoid arthritis affects the most important joints in the body. These include the following compounds:
- Ankle et al.
Over time, the affected synovitis destroys the cartilage and bone in the joints. All around this area, which supports the articular muscles, ligaments and tendons weaken. It also provokes extreme pain.
Rheumatoid arthritis usually begins in middle age and 3 times more common in women than men. And, although in most cases the disease does not occur in children and young people, sometimes in these age groups is developing related disease called idiopathic juvenile or juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. In general, the disease progresses slowly, but as soon as the body is applied to the primary damage becomes irreversible. Therefore, doctors recommend starting treatment for arthritis in Israel immediately after diagnosis to slow down the action of unfavorable factors.
The causes of rheumatoid arthritis
Among contributing to the development of an autoimmune abnormality factors experts indicate genetic background. Researchers have identified several markers that control immune responses. The presence of HLA (antigens leykotsetarnyh) makes people more vulnerable to disease.
Also indicated among the prerequisites for the development of arthritis:
- Environmental factors: bacteria, viruses, passive inhalation of cigarette smoke, pollution of air gases, insecticides. Hazards include mineral oils, silicate minerals.
- Personal factors: a gender perspective, according to which up to 70% of patients with rheumatoid arthritis - are women. A significant role in the disease have hormonal fluctuations, age over 40 years of age and a family history of arthritis in the presence of the next of kin.
The most common symptoms of arthritis are fatigue, fever, loss of appetite, skin rash, muscle pain, and weight loss. Movements become constrained, and their range is limited considerably. Often there are comorbid conditions:
- Shortness of breath - when inflammation and scarring of the lung tissue system. Accompanied by a sharp pain in his chest.
- The feeling of dryness of mucous (dry eyes, mouth drying). These symptoms may indicate Sjögren's syndrome - immune disease often accompanies rheumatoid arthritis. At the same violation glands that produce mucus and help maintain moisture balance, no longer work effectively.
- Burning eyes, itching, blurred vision.
- Rheumatoid nodules - small formation under the skin over bony areas that were destroyed. These nodules are stable and rarely cause pain themselves.
- Inflammation of the blood vessels resulting in damage to nerves and skin, which causes numbness, tingling, or burning. It rheumatoid vasculitis.
- Anemia is expressed in reducing the production of red blood cells.
Aside from the physical and psychological problems manifested instability. The disease causes emotional disturbances, limited social contacts due to the inability to move normally.
The clinic Assuta diagnosis of any difficult situation fit in a few days. Diagnostic center units are equipped with innovative equipment that is available in only a few hospitals in Europe. Physicians have extensive experience in identifying and correcting problems. The hospital employs the best doctors of Israel, who are invited to conduct a private practice on the basis of the clinical center. There is no novice and recently came into medicine physicians who are just beginning their professional path.
If the doctor suspects the patient has rheumatoid arthritis, he refers the patient to be examined. Among the tests to identify the disease appear:
- Clarification of family history.
- The study of history of the disease for an overall picture of the progression of negative symptoms.
- Blood tests. Chemistry explains the structure of the inflammatory process. Laboratory specialists are looking for in the blood of specific antibodies that attack healthy tissue proteins. Other studied factors include the level of erythrocyte sedimentation rate and other factors.
- Scan images. This x-rays, ultrasound and other advanced methods. To identify signs of disease using CT, MRI, PET.
Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis is a mechanical damage to the joints as a result of tissue deterioration. This is the most common cause of disability in older age groups, although it can also occur in younger people, injured joints. It is a slowly progressive disease that most commonly affects the joints of the hands, spine, hips, knees and toes. It can occur in conjunction with RA or gout.
Arthritis Treatment in Israel
There are effective treatment options for arthritis in Israel on the basis of Assuta hospital. It is mandatory to require lifestyle changes to improve the function of the affected joints. Doctors teach patients the right to organize feeding, the therapy is not associated with the use of analgesic drugs. Courses include massage, manipulation, chiropractors reconstitution at the Dead Sea, acupuncture. These methods relieve the pain, but they need to be repeated on a regular basis, so as not to provoke a new outbreak of inflammation.
Osteoarthritis (as RA) treated with medication, many of which are authoring test laboratory Assuta clinic. This is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs to reduce the swelling. Analgesic drugs group, corticosteroids, antirheumatic drugs, immune suppressants, biologicals.
In particularly severe cases, surgery is performed damaged joints. There are three surgical procedures that are usually conducted in the presence of arthritis:
- Replacement of the joint, full hip replacement - surgeons remove the damaged part of the joint or the entire unit, inserting a prosthetic replacement. The Assuta using minimally invasive techniques, arthroscopic surgery.
- The merger of the vertebrae - the reconstruction of the damaged segments.
- Restoration of the tendons to make up for lost joint function.
Prices for treatment and doctors
On the arthritis treatment in Israel, the prices on average 30% lower than in Europe (Germany, France, Switzerland). The quality of care and the technology used at the same level. Learn the cost of the procedures to ensure that:
- MRI of the joints - 1460-1480 dollars.
- Admission rheumatologist - 560-600 dollars.
- Laboratory tests of blood - 550 dollars.
- US joint connections - 480 dollars.
- X-rays of affected joints - 280 dollars.
One advantage of the clinic Assuta is that the patient has the right to choose a doctor, who will be treated. In public hospitals, this service is not available. Among the most prominent representatives of medicine, working on the basis of a medical institution, it should be noted Dr. Erez Avisara known microsurgical and arthroscopic operations on joints of the hands. Up to 96% of his patients ever forget about the problems that led them to turn to the services of Israeli medicine.
Popular among Russian-speaking patients Professor Ori Elcano, a leading doctor for the correction of psoriatic arthritis. Not less demand services Matatiyagu Dr. Nof, head of the restoration department of the feet and ankles. Deciding to go to any of our doctors, contact previously with us to get the cost calculation and book your arrival in Israel.
Reviews for the treatment of arthritis in Israel
Reviews of patients about treatment in Israel you will find on the internet without any problems. We also fill up your collection of your estimates:
Alla and Michael. Tomsk
"Once in Russia diagnosed with arthritis, it took two years. The treatment did not produce any results. With each day getting worse. Let's go with her husband to Israel on the advice of friends. For a month of intensive therapy left in pain. Then the program will continue at the Dead Sea. Home come back refreshed and invigorated. I express my gratitude to the doctors Assuta hospital. Are you really helping people to live life to the fullest! "