Urology is a branch of medicine dealing with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases of the urinary system and the male reproductive system.
Urology in Israel uses both traditional and innovative developments in the field of diagnosis and treatment of bladder cancer, kidney disease and male sexual organs. Therapeutic and diagnostic techniques, the latest equipment, the skill of Israeli doctors will help cope with the disease at any stage and to significantly reduce the recovery period.
Specialists clinic Assuta successfully treat a wide range of urological diseases:
- cancer of the genitourinary system;
- anomalies of the urinary system;
- renal anomalies;
- urinary retention;
- adrenal insufficiency;
- polycystic kidney disease;
- renal failure;
- kidney disease;
Diagnosis urological diseases in clinic Assuta
Urology in Israel uses the latest advances in diagnosis and treatment. survey period usually takes - up to two days.
Department of Urology at the clinic Assuta is equipped with modern medical equipment and has its own laboratory, which ensures accurate and rapid diagnosis of urological diseases.
1.Laboratornye tests (urinalysis, general and biochemical blood tests).
2.Instrumentalnaya diagnosis of urological diseases including several types of surveys:
- Uroflowmetry using a special instrument measures the rate and volume of urine flow.
- Tsistamanometriya determines the pressure in the bladder.
- Bladder catheterization is conducted to the washing organ, urinary excretion, drug administration.
- urethra bougienage establishes place stone arrangement extends constriction channel.
- Needle biopsy determines the cellular composition of tissues.
3.Endoskopicheskaya diagnostics checks urological diseases kidneys and bladder:
- Ureteroscopy examines the urethra.
- Cystoscopy determines the state of the inner surface of the bladder.
- Pieloskopiya studies function of the renal pelvis.
- Cystochromoscopy investigates renal excretory function by administration of a contrast agent and cystoscopy.
Radiological and 4.Rentgenovskaya diagnosis of Urological Diseases :
- Pyelography - a highly accurate method of examination of the upper urinary tract.
- Panoramic X-ray gives an idea of the structure of the kidney, the presence of stones, inflammation of the probable anatomical irregularities.
- Excretory radiography - X-ray examination of the bladder, ureters and kidneys using contrast medium.
- Ureteropyelography used as an additional method of confirming the changes previously diagnosed ureters, cups, pelvis.
5. Laparoscopic procedures are performed to explore the retroperitoneal space and pelvis.
6. The ultrasonic urinary tract (prostate, kidneys), including transrectal.
7.Kompyuternaya tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MTP).
Treatment of urological diseases in clinic Assuta
Treatment of urological disorders involves the use of both conservative and surgical methods.
1.Medikamentoznaya therapy includes a variety of drugs: antibiotics, antibacterial agents, antifungal drugs, cardiovascular drugs, antispasmodics, non-specific antiinflammatory agents, analgesics, chondroprotective, immunomodulators, sorbents, diuretics, etc.
2.Nemedikamentoznoe treatment of Urological Diseases :
- Physical therapy procedures (ultrasound therapy, electrotherapy, nerve stimulation, magnetic therapy, laser therapy, UHF-therapy, etc.).
- Manual therapy and reflexology.
Urologic Surgery in Israel
A significant number of urological diseases require surgical treatment.
The most common operation performed in the clinic Assuta, include the following surgical procedures:
- Surgery to remove the prostate. This medical center has more than 50 urologists specialists in this specialization.
- Surgery to remove the kidney - nephrectomy. This is the most effective method of treating malignant renal tumors. More than 10 ka urologists perform this type of surgery.
- The operation to restore bladder clinic Assuta spend several leading Israeli urologists. This procedure is usually required after cystectomy, removal of the organ in the treatment of bladder cancer.
- Surgery can be performed circumcision for the prevention of infections and cancer. This type of operation is performed for about 70 urologist clinic.
- Operation of penile prosthesis is indicated for the diagnosis of impotence and by means of penile implant. Urology department clinics to offer the services of several leading Israeli and foreign experts to conduct such an operation.
Types of urologic surgery at the clinic Assuta examples of diagnoses:
- Reconstructive plastic surgery involves the use of microsurgical techniques. For example, operations that relate to organ integrity reduction (total phalloplasty) require reconstruction of the nerve bundles and small blood vessels.
- Implant surgery (in case of problems with potency).
- Minimally invasive surgery uses a technique that minimizes the degree of injury to tissue.
- Cancer surgery is performed in bladder cancer, adrenal, kidney, prostate, testis. Operations are carried out with the replacement of tissues and organs of the radical surgery.
- Laparoscopic surgery (for fertilization disorder functions).
- Laser Surgery (benign hyperplasia).
- Corrective surgery (in infertility and impotence).
Urological surgery has involved successful robotic systems, including one of the most unique - robotic system da Vinci, to apply laparoscopic and minimally invasive approach. This system provides high accuracy of the operation, minimal blood loss, minimal invasiveness, low probability of complications, shorter recovery period and hospitalization.
Urological surgery performed by a da Vinci robot:
- Kidney nephrectomy - surgery to remove the organ in the diagnosis of renal cell carcinoma with tumor invasion of renal and hollow veins.
- Radical prostatectomy - surgery in which the prostate is removed from the surrounding tissues. It is considered the most effective treatment for prostate cancer.
- Robot-assisted resection organosberegajushchih kidney is surgery, which is performed during the removal of the tumor with a certain amount of healthy tissue.
- Cystectomy (partial or complete removal of the bladder), and reconstructive surgery to recreate the body portion through the small intestine.
- Pyeloplasty - surgical intervention aimed at the elimination of stenosis in the transition zone of the renal pelvis into the ureter.
- Ureteral reimplantation.
Currently, Israeli doctors will help to get rid of the patient even from diseases that were previously included in the category incurable.