Investigation of PET-CT in "Assuta" with a new and unique technology TIME OF FLIGHT "Philips" company allows accurate diagnosis of the disease. In Israel, TIME OF FLIGHT use of PET-CT apparatus according to the technology has long become a routine check.
The benefits of this research:
- more accurate results of the study
- higher resolution images
- low patient dose (one-third of normal)
- research more efficient and less time-consuming
Method performance studies PET-CT in "Assuta" by TIME OF FLIGHT technology eliminates the need for CT examinations.
All you can get layered anatomical visualization of the human body in one scanning procedure PET-CT apparatus, and to identify metabolic disorders, many of which portend a clinically noticeable symptoms of diseases, including cancer.
It is also a huge advantage PET-CT is to detect tumor lesions quite small. This is possible thanks to the high resolution of the apparatus. Also, PET-CT can accurately determine the location of the identified pathological changes. The study is performed after oral administration and injection of contrast medium on the basis of ions, it eliminates the need for further study (with all the relevant preparation).
Contrast agents are biological compounds are labeled with positron emitting radionuclides. Recent interest can accumulate in organs and tissues of the doctor and visualize metabolic and other functional processes.
The procedure begins with the low dose CT irradiation, then the turn positron emission computed tomography. After the computer combines the data.
Thanks to low-dose radiation, the patient is spared from receiving additional doses of radiation.
Unlike other clinics, in "Assuta" procedure PET-CT is a complete diagnostic study, the results of which are double decryption specialist radiologist and a specialist in nuclear medicine. Thus the results of evaluation carried sided excluding mechanistic approach to interpreting the data PET-CT.
Indications for PET-CT:
- Identification and differential diagnosis of tumors difficult to define;
- assessment of the dynamics of tumor;
- evaluation of the effectiveness of cancer treatment;
- functional diagnosis of coronary heart disease and the incidence of myocardial infarction;
- assessment of the viability and perfusion of the heart muscle;
- Alzheimer's disease and Lewy body disease, epilepsy, Parkinson's disease, some forms of schizophrenia and other neurological and psychiatric diseases.