According to statistics, over 70% of the population suffers from a variety of disorders of the digestive system. In most cases we are talking about chronic inflammatory pathologies - gastritis, cholecystitis, pancreatitis, colitis, peptic ulcer and cholelithiasis. An increasing number of diseases such as cirrhosis of the liver, tumors of the gastrointestinal tract. In this situation, the most important quality, and early diagnosis, effective treatments that can offer Gastroenterology in Israel.
This branch of medicine has been studying the human digestive system, its structure and functions, diseases, methods of diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
Gastroenterology in Israel in the clinic Assuta
Modern diagnostic technologies of the Medical Center provide a detailed description of the extent of damage the body. In gastroenterology department in Israel conducted a comprehensive survey, depending on the symptoms. the following types of diagnostic procedures can be assigned:
- Gastroscopy involves endoscopic examination of the upper region of the digestive tract. Applied, including virtual gastroscopy, do not cause discomfort to the patient. It is indicated for suspected esophagitis, polyps, ulcers, cancer in the early stages.
- Colonoscopy - an endoscopic method for the diagnosis of the small intestine and colon. In conducting the use of general anesthesia. Assign for diagnosis: Crohn's disease, colon cancer, ulcerative colitis and other diseases. Innovative and gentle method of examination is the virtual colonoscopy. Using a scanner-scanner, and physical contact with the patient is minimized.
- Sigmoidoscopy is a minimally invasive examination of the lower colon department. Indications for diagnosis: polyps, disorders stool, rectal cancer, and so on.
- Capsule imaging method is the latest investigating inflammation of the digestive tract and possible bleeding.
- Esophagoscopy - esophageal examination procedure makes it possible to take a biopsy.
- Laboratory research. Extended blood analysis which comprises electrolytes, lipids, tumor markers, hormonal profile, immunology intestine, serology.
- CT, MRI, PET-CT - modern imaging techniques.
Also, for the diagnosis of diseases of the digestive tract using ultrasound, radioisotope research methods hromendoskopiyu, duodnenoskopiyu, sigmoidoscopy, gastrointestinal manometry.
Gastroenterologists Assuta Hospital successfully treat gastrointestinal tract diseases such as:
- Crohn's disease;
- stomach ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer;
- ulcerative colitis;
- viral hepatitis;
- biliary dyskinesia;
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- irritable bowel syndrome;
- esophageal disease (motility disorders, Barrett's esophagus, ulcers, etc.);
- oncological pathologies of the digestive system (gastric cancer, pancreas, liver, intestine).
Digestive tract treatment in Israel in the clinic Assuta
The effectiveness of Gastroenterology in Israel is bound, including using the latest technology. Using robot da Vinci performed operations such as gastric bypass surgery, resection of the pancreas and liver.
Good results shows a method of implantation of stem cells and immunobiological therapy (cell tissue) during the process of recovery of liver and pancreas.
Drug treatment is given in most cases in the treatment of hepatitis C. The most effective is currently Victrelis drug action which is carried out at the cellular level. Israeli pharmaceutical industry offers a wide range of high-performance and high-quality medicines.
For the treatment of Crohn's disease and hepatitis extracorporeal hemocorrection applied. This is a procedure during which the composition of the blood is removed, or modified by factors that provoke illness. The method is similar to plasmapheresis.
Endoscopic procedure ERCP (ERCP) allows you to retrieve stones from the biliary tract, without resorting to surgery.
Radiofrequency ablation is used to treat Barrett's esophagus, prevents the development of cancer.
Also in the treatment of the digestive apparatus is actively used the experience from the field of alternative medicine: galvanopelloidoterapiyu, mineral water, balneogelioterapiyu, hirudotherapy, acupuncture techniques, fitosbory.
Gastroenterology in Israel: surgery
The main direction of Surgical Gastroenterology in Israel - minimally invasive and conserving therapy. This is due to the use of an endoscopic approach and radiosurgery techniques, including brachytherapy.
Types of surgical interventions on the digestive tract in the clinic Assuta:
- Gastric banding is carried out using laparoscopic method. Silicone ring is superimposed on the upper part of the stomach in order to reduce weight.
- Gastric bypass surgery is an operation in which the stomach is reduced to 50 ml, intersected in the upper part. Also used a laparoscopic approach to the surgery.
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy involves removing part of the organ, and relates to surgical methods for treating obesity.
- Laparoscopic resection of the small intestine - surgery, during which the deleted part of the small intestine by an endoscopic technique ulcer 12 duodenal ulcer, acute intestinal obstruction, tumors, hernia, Crohn's disease.
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery is the treatment of colorectal cancer. This type of operation is considered a breakthrough in the treatment of this type of cancer in the early stages.
- Rectum tumor resection involves the use of 4 kinds of operations for rectal cancer: surgery Hartmann extirpation rectal, intraperitoneal resection abdomino-anal resection.
- Liver resection performed in benign tumors, trauma, primary and metastatic malignant tumors. Performed several types of resection: edge, lobar, wedge, segmental, transverse.
- Esophagectomy indicated for the treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the esophagus.