Cardiology - is the branch of medicine dealing with heart disease. It includes medical diagnosis and treatment. Physicians who specialize in this field of medicine are called cardiologists, specialists in the field of cardiac surgery - Cardiothoracic surgeons or surgeons.
Cardiology in Israel is marked by high achievements, so when choosing this country as a treatment option you should definitely take this into consideration.
Cardiologists in Israel are divided into those who treat adult patients with heart disease and doctors who specialize in child cardiovascular disease.
Division of Cardiology at Assuta treats these types of pathologies:
- Disorders of coronary circulation: angina, acute coronary syndrome, atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, myocardial infarction, restenosis.
- Myocardial diseases: ischemic and nonischemic cardiomyopathy, heart failure, ventricular hypertrophy, primary cardiac tumors, myxoma.
- Pericardial diseases: constrictive and exudative pericarditis, pericardial tamponade.
- Abnormalities of the heart valves: the aortic valve, aortic stenosis, mitral valve prolapse, mitral stenosis, pulmonary regurgitation, pulmonary stenosis, tricuspid regurgitation.
- Congenital heart disease: atrial septal defect, hypoplastic left heart syndrome departments, patent ductus arteriosus, patent foramen ovale, tetralogy of Fallot, transposition of great vessels, ventricular septal defect.
- Vascular diseases: aneurysm, atherosclerosis, aortic and carotid artery disease, deep vein thrombosis, and vasculitis al.
Diagnostic tests and procedures in cardiology Israel
The spectrum of the following types of diagnostics may be included inspections:
- Auscultation - way of a physical examination, during which use a stethoscope to listen to the healthy and abnormal sounds which are formed in the heart.
- Blood tests can detect and evaluate a large number of physiologic markers associated with atherosclerosis and heart function: cholesterol, triglycerides, C-reactive protein, fibrinogen, ferritin, lipoproteins and others.
- ECG monitors the electrical activity of the heart, first of all, reflected from the surface of the skin. It has a fairly wide spectrum of application: establishes regularity and heart rate, myocardial damage and detects intracardiac conduction disturbances et al.
- Holter monitoring is a continuous ECG recording over 24 hours or more. It is used in cases of suspected frequent arrhythmias, especially when the patient is unable to recognize the symptoms.
- Cardiac stress test is used to evaluate the heart muscle and finding evidence that exercise causes cardiac hypoxia. It sets the maximum allowable level of strain on the heart.
- Electrophysiological study of the heart is a minimally invasive procedure in which check the state of the cardiac conduction system. This method allows to determine the cause, location and best method of treating the various abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias). It holds electrophysiologist with one or more catheters that are fed to the heart through an artery by monitoring by X-rays.
Visualization in Israel Cardiology
cardiac imaging methods include the following types of surveys.
- Coronary catheterization is a minimally invasive study of coronary arteries and chambers of the heart muscle. Allows visualization of narrowing, thrombosis, the ability to reduce the size of the heart and its chambers, the expansion of the vascular lumen.
- Transthoracic echocardiography uses ultrasound waves possible. It allows you to fully evaluate heart muscle function, identify disease and monitor its course, to evaluate the efficacy of medical and surgical treatment. Transesophageal echocardiography (variety) involves placing a sensor in the esophagus, which is anatomically located close to the heart muscle that provides a more accurate picture and renders inaccessible for normal echocardiographic heart region.
- Intravascular ultrasound - ultrasound examination, examines the state of the arteries. To evaluate coronary artery stenosis, resolve the question of tactics heart treatment in Israel, to evaluate the results of angioplasty or stenting, and others.
- PET creates images of several metabolic processes. It is used to identify segments of the heart muscle, which disrupted the blood supply - the diagnosis of the early stages of coronary artery disease detection and old infarcts. Also, a method to determine the dead portions of tissue.
- CT angiography provides the ability to create detailed images of blood vessels, to assess the state of blood flow. It can be used intravenous contrast agent. The indications for are aneurysm, thrombosis and stenosis of the vessel, other vascular pathology.
- MRI creates images of high resolution, sets the volume of the cavities of the heart muscle, determines the speed of blood flow, the ability to evaluate and reduce the myocardial perfusion, allows for non-invasive angiography.
Heart Treatment in Israel
The clinic Assuta, the following types of procedures aimed at the treatment of coronary artery disease.
- Coronary artery bypass surgery is a surgical treatment of coronary artery disease, the most effective way. The operation allows you to restore the blood flow of the heart below the site of vessel stenosis, creating another way.
- Enhanced external counterpulsation - procedure that is performed for angina, heart failure or cardiomyopathy, to reduce the symptoms of ischemia, improve functional capacity and quality of life.
- Coronary angioplasty is an invasive method of treatment of ischemic heart disease, reducing the lumen of stenosed coronary arteries by means of various mechanical devices.
- Atherectomy - a minimalnoinvazivny endovascular surgical removal of atherosclerotic plaques in blood vessels. Most often used for the treatment of diseases of the peripheral arteries of the lower extremities, as in coronary heart disease, but less effectively.
- Stenting - an operation in which the stent is mounted, extending lumen. During angioplasty conducted placement of coronary stents, which may be metal, allocating drugs biopogloschaemymi. Also during angioplasty set elastic nitinol stents in peripheral arteries - in the carotid, iliac and femoral often.
The Assuta in the treatment of heart in Israel the following types of devices used successfully maintaining the normal rhythm of the heart muscle.
- Pacemaker - a medical device that uses electrical impulses to maintain an adequate heart rate. In most cases, used for the treatment of bradycardia or heart block.
- Cardioverter defibrillator - a device normalizing heart rhythm for arrhythmia. Indications are long QT interval syndrome, ventricular fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia, and others.
These types of surgical interventions in the treatment of heart in Israel are conducted at a very high level.
Cardiology in Israel brings together the knowledge and experience of doctors and modern medical technology in order to improve the condition of each patient who needs help.