WHO sad statistics says that each year worldwide from atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease kills more than 50 million people. Atherosclerosis - a threatening pathological condition associated with narrowing of the arteries due to the formation of so-called "Plaques" - seals formed by layers of cholesterol in the vessel wall. Also called arteriosclerotic vascular disease (arteriosclerosis). In some severe cases, or if the wrong treatment, the plaques eventually cause the formation of blood clots that can block the artery completely, leading to dangerous complications - stroke and heart attacks. It is worth noting that the timely and accurate diagnosis of vascular disorders significantly improves the results of treatment of atherosclerosis in Israel. Doctors of this country as soon as possible to improve the condition of patients suffering from cardiovascular pathologies, using the most modern and effective methods of destruction of atherosclerotic plaques, and reach a full recovery without any complications and relapses.
Advantages of the treatment of atherosclerosis in Israel Assuta:
- Error-free and accurate diagnosis thanks to modern diagnostic techniques and the use of the survey the most modern precision equipment.
- Advanced security methods of treating atherosclerosis in Israel: efficiency, painless, non-traumatic, no negative side effects and complications. Doctors and nurses involved in the treatment of atherosclerosis in Assuta the most attentive, professional, have an impressive clinical experience.
- The high professional level of medical specialists, who are constantly improving their skills, introduce scientific and clinical development, participate in international conferences, etc.
- Individual approach taking into account all the needs of patients, wards are comfortable and equipped with everything necessary for a comfortable treatment.
- Affordable cost of the treatment of atherosclerosis in Israel - the price of the cost of complex medical services (diagnosis, the therapy and minimally invasive vascular procedures, pharmaceuticals, and the use of modern equipment) in Assuta 20% lower than in the medical centers in europe and the United States, and the quality of treatment is adequate.
Atherosclerosis Treatment in Israel
Atherosclerosis develops, affects the blood vessels disturbs normal blood flow, increasing the risk of serious complications, especially when it affects large main arteries with high blood pressure. Pathological process occurs gradually, over time, affecting larger vessels.
The arteries are lined with a thin layer of special cells - the endothelium, it supports their tone and smooth inner surface facilitates blood flow. Atherosclerosis begins with damage to endothelial cells, resulting in a number of consecutive pathologic changes in the loss of its smoothness, the formation of atherosclerotic plaques and narrowing of the vessel lumen. Atherosclerosis begins with the endothelium of micro, that allow "bad" cholesterol type (low density) - LDL accumulate on artery walls and create roughness. Nocifensors send specialized cells (macrophages) to remove the excess cholesterol, but it happens that liquidators cells get stuck in the affected place trapped, eventually forming plaques, which includes cholesterol, low-density LDL, leukocytes, macrophages, proteins, calcium salt, etc ..
Methods for the treatment of atherosclerosis in Israel
The effectiveness of treatment methods of this illness in Israeli hospitals provides an integrated approach, there is no single "magic pill" that can remove cholesterol plaques of the arteries. Doctors' efforts must be supported by patient effort. With the help of drug therapy, microsurgical and endovascular treatment, as well as lifestyle changes it is possible to slow down or stop the formation of plaques.
Changes in lifestyle means a healthy diet, exercise and smoking cessation. These changes proved reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Drug treatments include medications that slow down and may even stop the progression of atherosclerosis and reduce the risk of complications. These are drugs:
- Antihypertensive drugs that reduce high blood pressure.
- Statins and polyunsaturated fatty acids, reduces the production and lowering the level of LDL.
- Means to improve circulation: vasodilators, nicotinic acid, anticoagulants, etc.
- Analgesics for pain relief.
- Vitamin-mineral complexes.
The schemes of treating atherosclerosis in Israel are actively used (under anesthesia) minimally invasive surgical techniques to remove the blocking of the arteries by atherosclerotic plaque, or bypass them:
- Fibrinolytic therapy: special drug is injected into the bloodstream artery near lock and dissolves it.
- Angiography and stent (- stent advanced special expanding mesh skeleton introduced angioplasty vessel). For the treatment of atherosclerosis in Israel used stents tech "Cypher" coating improves their rheological properties of blood. In carrying out this procedure, the doctor inserts a thin tube, a catheter into an artery in the leg or arm to reach the pathologically blocked artery. Control manipulation is performed on the X-ray screen in real time, there are visible and plaques themselves. Stenting helps ease the symptoms of atherosclerosis.
- For endovascular (intravascular) transactions and applies balloon angioplasty (using a catheter with a balloon tip) - often helps to quickly open a blocked artery.
- Bypass surgery, including and coronary - vascular surgeon removes a healthy blood vessel, usually in the legs or chest area, which does not bear a large load in the bloodstream, and uses it to bypass a blocked artery segment. If it is impossible autotransplantation applied prosthetic vessels (aorta and others.) Advanced artificial materials.
- Endarterectomy - Access to the blocked artery to remove atherosclerotic plaques by mechanical means and to restore blood flow through the vessels of the neck.
Innovative methods. Researchers at Ben-Gurion University and Shebainflammation in the cardiovascular system.
Diagnosis of atherosclerosis in Israel
Before starting any kind of treatment of atherosclerosis in Israel appointed a thorough and comprehensive examination. Patient is undergoing study:
- Blood tests (biochemical parameters, glucose and glycated hemoglobin, lipidogram - cholesterol, clotting factors and enzymes levels).
- Angiogram - a special security dye is injected into the arteries to visualize them on the X-ray image.
- Coronary angiography (examination of the heart vessels).
- CT with contrast - computer or magnetic resonance angiography for finding blocked or narrowed arteries.
- X-rays of the chest.
- Doppler ultrasound of the heart and blood vessels.
- EEG (electroencephalography).
- ECG (electrocardiogram) - a record of the electrical activity of the heart.
- CT and MRI of the brain.
- Rheovasography Capillaroscopy and lower extremities.
- ABI or ankle-brachial index - test for peripheral arterial disease.
- Stress test.
In the diagnosis before treating atherosclerosis in Israel, depending on the patient's condition may participate cardiologists, endocrinologists and others. Specialists.
Atherosclerosis begins with damage to the endothelium (inner layer of the cells ensuring the smoothness of the container and the free flow of blood). Common causes of endothelial injury include:
- Elevated low-density cholesterol.
- High blood pressure (hypertension).
- Autoimmune inflammatory processes, such as arthritis, lupus.
- Abdominal obesity.
- Endocrine disorders, such as diabetes.
- Eating disorders, lack of fiber in the diet, ie fruits and vegetables.
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Smoking, high alcohol consumption, and others. Bad habits.
Signs of atherosclerosis is often not visible to the patient until the artery will not be nearly completely blocked, and had a heart attack or stroke. atherosclerosis symptomatology may vary depending on which artery is narrowed or blocked.
Symptoms associated with coronary (heart) arteries, may include:
- Arrhythmia, disorders of the heartbeat.
- Pain or pressure in the upper body, including the chest, arms, neck or jaw.
- Inconsistent breathing and shortness of breath.
Symptoms associated with the arteries responsible for the blood supply to the brain include:
Numbness or weakness in the hands or feet.
- Difficulty speaking or understanding.
- Vision problems in one or both eyes.
- Ptosis of facial muscles.
- Strong headache.
Symptoms associated with arteries of the extremities and pelvis, include pain or numbness in the legs when walking.
In some cases, the plaque form clots that block the artery, and looking up and having gone into the bloodstream, they can block the coronary vessels or vessels of the brain and lead to life-threatening complications. Key severe complications of atherosclerosis:
- Coronary heart disease and angina.
- Cerebrovascular disease - strokes with a potential damage to the brain and transient ischemic attacks.
- Peripheral arterial disease, leg when blood vessels are narrowed, blood circulation gets worse, there is pain, non-healing sores, etc. In severe cases may require amputation of the limb.
- Chronic renal failure.
Dr. Gandel'man Herman - one of the most famous and respected cardiologists and vascular surgeons Israel, specializes in the field of interventional cardiology (for coronary bypass surgery, coronary angiography, angioplasty, stenting, etc.) with the use of advanced innovative methods.
Dr. Sternik leonid - is one's of Israel's a leading cardiologists, thoracic and cardiac surgeons, PERFORMS the Operations unique to the restore vascular patency of angioplasty techniques, Complicated Conducting the open-heart surgery.
Dr. Mendelevich Leo - cardiologist, diagnostician, a unique expert in echocardiography and other advanced methods of diagnostics of pathologies of the heart and blood vessels, has a clinical innovations in the treatment of atrial fibrillation.