10 reasons to undergo treatment for stroke in Israel
On how quickly and professionally rendered medical assistance to the man, who suffered a stroke depends on his life, and how rehabilitation activities carried out - the quality of later life, both the patient and his immediate family. Why should you choose to stroke treatment in Israel?
- In Israel strokes problem involved at the national level - the country's Ministry of Health developed a National Plan for the treatment and prevention of the effects of stroke, which include public awareness, training of personnel and the establishment of special units for the treatment of stroke.
- Israel is a world leader in the field of stroke treatment and research in this area. The clinic Assuta treat all kinds of diseases, offering a full range of medical servants 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Treatment and care for each patient in Israeli hospitals chosen strictly individually. In the world of medical personnel specialized departments Assuta is valued not only for their professionalism, but also warm and sensitive attitude towards patients.
- A team of specialists providing care and treatment of stroke patients, will tell:
- The exact diagnosis of stroke, the necessary tests and drugs.
- About procedures or operations that may be needed.
- About the recovery period, and much more.
- Patients who recover after a stroke, get up to three hours of skilled therapeutic services per day and have access to specialized technologies, such as: robotic exoskeletons and recovery walk, gadgets for the restoration of intellectual abilities, multi-sensory therapy.
- As part of the rehabilitation team consists of qualified professionals such as a physiotherapist, occupational therapists, speech therapists, registered nurses, dietitians, social workers and a neurologist.
- Rehabilitators team helps the patient and family to set short-term and long-term goals for recovery.
- Israel rehabilitation clinic centers accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation institutions, which means - patients can be sure at 100%, which is a program of rehabilitation after stroke, in line with international standards.
- In 2014, the National Register of stroke was established in the Israeli center for Disease Control. Registry is intended to be used as a comprehensive and high-quality database of the disease, allowing to characterize the requirements for the treatment and prevention of stroke, to track changes in the trends of morbidity and quality of care, to evaluate the effectiveness of different methods for stroke treatment in Israel.
- The Israeli Center for Disease Control in collaboration with the Israel Neurological Association conducted a comprehensive survey of patients hospitalized after a stroke (NASIS Survey) in all general hospitals in Israel. In these surveys collected information on the health status of patients on arrival at the hospital, the time of transportation to the hospital and the vehicles, their history and the extent of exposure to risk factors for stroke, diagnosis and treatment they received during hospitalization, as well as their condition after discharge from the hospital, the level of functions three months after the date of hospitalization.
Diagnosis of stroke in Israel
The speed of the necessary diagnosis is of paramount importance when patients present to the emergency department with the suspicion of a stroke. The Israeli hospital medical team specializing in stroke, immediately hold the following diagnosis: computerized tomography of the brain; magnetic resonance imaging; computed tomographic angiography; Magnetic resonance angiography perfusion MRI or CT scan (allow to detect the brain areas with reduced blood flow).
In addition your doctor may prescribe a neck ultrasound to check the status of the arteries that feed blood to the brain, EEG - to assess the electrical activity of the brain.
Stroke Treatment in Israel
Stroke is an emergency and requires immediate medical treatment. Treatment of ischemic stroke (his goal - the dissolution or clot removal) is different from the treatment of hemorrhagic stroke (his goal - to stop the bleeding in the brain). Therefore prior to treatment is necessary to establish an accurate diagnosis.
Assuta offers a range of modern methods of stroke treatment in Israel, including:
Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) - quick, immediately after diagnosis "ischemic stroke" administering this drug degrading blood clots may stop progressing stroke and reduce the degree of disability.
Mechanical disruption of the clot. This method is used in the treatment of ischemic stroke in patients in Israel who came to the emergency room too late to begin treatment tPA. Using specialized neyrointerventsionnye, minimally invasive methods, physicians tiny devices introduced via the vein to capture, retrieve, and / or absorption of blood clots that block the blood vessels in the brain. Furthermore, by using a stent (miniature tube), which does not "stick together" artery removed therefrom anevrizmy- ballonopodobnye blood-filled pouches.
Neurosurgery. Surgery may be needed to stop bleeding in patients with a ruptured aneurysm or to save someone's life after a stroke in the case of severe cerebral edema. Operation depending on the situation can be open or minimally invasive.
Carotid endarterectomy or carotid stenting. Vascular surgeons in Israel received international recognition for the successful outcome of surgical repair of the carotid artery (endarterectomy) for stroke prevention. During this procedure, doctors surgically removed occlusion / fat from the carotid artery in the neck. Israeli physicians also have experience in carotid artery stenting, which also prevents stroke in patients.
The new word in the treatment of stroke consequences
Researchers from Tel Aviv University have reported the successful results of a new method for the treatment of patients with stroke, called "hyperbaric oxygen therapy."
Dr. Shai Efrati from Tel Aviv University has put forward the theory that high levels of oxygen can revive brain tissue that is damaged during a stroke, even years later. This assumption underlies the hyperbaric oxygen therapy, which aims to help those patients whose condition has not improved after a stroke. Therapy consists in the fact that patients who have undergone ischemic stroke is placed for 1.5 hours in a special chamber, where the maintained higher than usual pressure and breathing oxygen. Such treatments can take up to 20. Clinical trials of new therapies showed that 59 patients in the study showed different levels of improvement, however, some patients improved significantly. For example, 61-year-old woman, held hyperbaric oxygen therapy was able to return to a normal life, although this was completely disfunktsionirovana after suffering a stroke. Dr. Efrati sure that this method of therapy - a new word in stroke rehabilitation.
- Nahum Margolin - one of the famous Israeli neurologists with more than 30 years of experience, which is engaged in the treatment of stroke in Israel. In addition, it is considered the best specialist in deciphering the electroencephalography data. Fluent in Russian.
- Professor Yair Lampel - recognized as the best specialist in the treatment of strokes and their consequences not only in Israel, but throughout the world. Actively engaged in research work.