According to statistics, suffer from migraines for nearly 11% of the world population. Exhausting headache that covers half of the head - that is translated as "migraine" more characteristic of women aged 20 to 45 years. The pain may last for several days, completely knocking the man out of the normal rhythm of life. In the clinics of Israel and successfully cope with this disease:
- migraine treatment in Israel takes place in the most comfortable conditions.
- Since the patient has a team of specialists - a neurologist, internist, physiatrist, neurosurgeon.
- migraine treatment in Israel combined with relaxation at the Dead Sea, which also contributes to a favorable result.
- The cost of treating migraine in Israel is less expensive than in other foreign clinics.
- Most professionals have an excellent command of the Russian language.
- For the treatment of migraine are used all known methods, including the latest medical advances.
What are the main symptoms of migraine?
The main symptom of migraine is a throbbing headache on one side. Sometimes the headache is accompanied by nausea and even vomiting. Light, loud sounds or smells can aggravate migraines. In some people, about half an hour before the attack may occur so-called "aura": flashing lights before the eyes, tingling and \ or numbness of the face or hands, etc.
As migraine diagnosed?
A doctor can usually tell if you have a migraine by asking about your symptoms and examining you. You may not need laboratory tests and diagnostic imaging methods, but your doctor may prescribe them, if it considers that the headache is caused by another disease. Therefore, you may be advised: examination by an ophthalmologist; Vascular ultrasound of the neck and head; electroencephalography, MRI.
What medicines to prevent migraines?
There are several types of medications that can help prevent migraines. Moreover, these drugs were originally designed to treat other diseases, such as seizures, depression, high blood pressure and heart disease. But they also help prevent migraines.
Drugs used to prevent migraine include:
- Anticonvulsants (eg, Depaken).
- Antidepressants, including amitriptyline.
- Beta-blockers (eg, Inderal).
- Calcium channel blockers, including verapamil (eg, stool).
- Botulinum toxin, such as Botox.
In addition, your doctor may start treatment with drugs without prescription, such as acetaminophen, aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen. Some OTC medications combine acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine. If these medications do not help, your doctor may prescribe a stronger medication.
What other methods of treatment of migraine in Israel?
Diet. For you will make a diet that excludes foods such as caffeinated beverages (tea, coffee, Pepsi-Cola); citrus; chocolate; fat cheeses; sausages; yeast bread and other. Diets need to adhere to at least one month. In some cases, even just a diet , you can avoid migraines. It is also advisable to avoid certain other medications (such as birth control pills). However, even if you are taking medication for migraine, you should stick to this diet - in this case, the drugs will be more effective.
Reflexology (physiological stimulation of certain points in the body to improve the circulation, and neurologic function). In combination with medicinal reflexology techniques can provide effective treatment of migraine.
Massage with Specially selected Essential oils blends help the reduce of headaches. Studies have shown that patients receiving a massage course massage, the number of attacks has decreased, sleep improved. On average, patients treated with massage, a decrease of 34% of migraine.
New methods for the treatment of migraine in Israel
Neuromodulation device. Israeli scientists have developed a new method of dealing with migraine, which can replace drug therapy - a technique of brain neuromodulation. The device, similar to sunglasses, simply put on his head. Innovative multichannel brain neuromodulation device sends signals that stimulate the main nerve paths and thereby affects the area of the brain that are involved in the control and modulation of pain and mood. The apparatus provides a highly effective treatment for migraine, without side effects. It is proved that the pain is reduced by 80%. In addition, the method has no side effects and cost of the device is about $ 500, it is compact - that is, you can always carry with them.
Erenumab - a new generation of drug That is an antibody blocks The That the receptors related to calcitonin gene's peptide (of CGRP), Causing pain in migraine. In the trial 955 patients participated, who noted a decrease in the number of attacks, and also reported improved physical condition and ability to carry out daily activities for a six-month trial period. Novartis - a company that manufactures the drug , filed an application for a license.
SPG (sphenopalatine ganglion) - nerve block. This short, simple procedure blocks the group of nerve cells in and behind your nose associated with the trigeminal nerve, which is involved in migraine headaches. Your doctor inserts a thin plastic tube called a catheter, into the nose. Injected through a syringe you an anesthetic.
Botox. Your doctor may recommend Botox for chronic migraine . Approximately every 12 weeks you get 31 Botox injections around the head and neck. Each session takes about 10-15 minutes. After the first treatment the symptoms can take 10-14 days.
What if the migraine begins, simple tips
- Take the medicine, do not wait until the condition worsens.
- Get out of the room, where there is nobody, close your eyes and try to relax or sleep.
- Do not watch TV and do not read.
- Put a cold compress on the painful area.
- Mosek Amnon - a neurologist with 30 years of experience, who specializes in the treatment of headaches, including migraines. Currently participates in the development of new drugs for migraine, which promises to be much more effective than the existing and with a minimum of side effects. The doctor is receiving at the clinic Assuta , patients come to him from all over the world.
- Boxer marina - a a leading Israel a neurologist with 30 years experience. Marina in the treatment of migraines uses various , including innovative methods, returning patients to normal life, in which there is no place debilitating headaches.