Assuta Hospital - a network of private clinics in Israel, the main thrust of which - operative treatment. Assuta is equipped with modern diagnostic and medical equipment. Opportunity to practice here receive only the best doctors with extensive experience and narrow specialization involved in research activities. The patient here provide medical care that meets the highest international standards.
What are the potential benefits of surgery to remove a brain tumor in Assuta?
- Accurate diagnosis. The extracted tissue growths during a biopsy orsurgery to removeaccurately identify violations. Treatment planning requires a definite diagnosis.
- Removes the pressure on the brain. This applies both to the total intracranial pressure, and to the local arising near the tumor.
- Can eliminate or improve many of the symptoms associated with malignancy - eg, problems with thought processes.
- Enhances effectiveness of additional treatments via reduction of the number of cells that are subject to therapy.
- Remote tissue during surgery may be inspected for genomic changes, details of which can improve the treatment.
A doctor at Assuta Compare the discussion, the risks and potential benefits of a particular surgical procedure.
The cost of the operation to remove a brain tumor in Assuta
A diagnostic program includes the following components:
- Consultation neurosurgeon - $ 550.
- blood tests (general and biochemical) - $ 550.
- Coagulation - $ 80.
- A blood test that tests the thyroid gland - $ 190.
- MRI - $ 1480.
The total price of the program - $ 2850.
The cost of the operation to remove a brain tumor - craniotomy - is $ 35,800.
Do I need a second opinion?
The second opinion is not always necessary. Many people find another doctor's point of view, some - get several opinions before making a decision. Common causes:
- The calm that comes when diagnosis and treatment plan confirms another doctor.
- Search for other treatment options.
If the patient decides to get a second opinion, there are several ways to do this:
- Ask your doctor to recommend another expert with relevant experience.
- Please contact the information service of the hospital, which will send a doctor who specializes in this area.
The consequences of an operation to remove a brain tumor
For this type of surgical interventions are characterized by both general and specific risks. Common include:
- The development of infections.
- blood pressure instability.
Specific risks depend on the location of the brain tumor. Separate areas controlled by sight, hearing, smell, movement of hands and feet coordination, memory, language skills and other vital functions. Brain surgery always include a risk of damage to nerves or blood vessels pathological area. This can lead to partial or complete loss of sensation and other functions. When the tumor is located deep inside the brain, it increases the risk and the range of possible complications.
Rare potential side effects:
- Difficulties with coordination.
- Problems with memory and cognitive functions.
- Leakage of cerebrospinal fluid.
- Meningitis (an infection that causes inflammation of the membranes covering the brain and spinal cord).
- Swelling of the brain.
The result pathology
During the operation, the neurosurgeon sends a piece of cloth in a laboratory for the study of disease. He explores her diagnoses, writes a report and sends it to the neurosurgeon. It takes a few days. Tests that detect molecular changes in chromosomes, require more time.
Rehabilitation after surgery for brain tumor
Any kind of surgery - it is an injury. For each organism peculiar to its pace of recovery. For some people, it happens faster. Therefore, there is some clear average value. rehabilitation period will depend on the following factors:
- type of the operation on the brain;
- from the treated area;
- age and overall health in general.
Neurosurgeon says estimated time of recovery for the specific case of the disease. This will help the patient to identify realistic goals.
Treatment of brain tumors after surgery
After obtaining histological conclusion neurosurgeon will discuss the plan further treatment. For some patients, neurosurgery - the only correct method of treatment, for others - a surgery - the first part of a multi-stage planof treatment .