Neurosurgery surgery represents a section which deals with surgical treatment of diseases of the nervous system. This knowledge-based, high-tech and expensive branch of medicine. Neurosurgery success in Israel is associated with a highly developed economy of the country and the generous state investment policy.
Benefits of treatment in the Department of Neurosurgery MC Assuta:
- Individual and complex approach to the treatment of the patient.
- The high professionalism of doctors.
- The latest medical equipment.
- Prompt diagnosis and treatment.
Diagnostics at the Department of Neurosurgery MC Assuta
High-tech diagnostics - one of the components excellent results neurosurgery Israel. Even in a situation symptomatic fuzzy picture it provides an opportunity to determine the optimal treatment strategy for each patient.
The MC Assuta apply diagnostic procedures such as:
- CT, MRI can diagnose brain tumors, localization of metastases, as well as other structural and functional changes (hydrocephalus and atrophy of the cerebral cortex).
- Positron emission tomography administered in refining such diagnoses as epilepsy, stroke and brain tumors .
- Ultrasound examination is used for the purpose of diagnosing thrombosis, stenosis of the carotid arteries of the bundle.
- Cerebral angiography provides an opportunity to explore the state of cerebral vessels.
- Electroencephalography reveals violations of the brain and spinal cord activity, from insomnia to epilepsy.
- Lumbar puncture is used for the diagnosis of high intracranial pressure.
- Myelography provides an opportunity to discover the spinal canal tumor, herniated disc.
- Vascular Doppler ultrasound is used to detect carotid bundle or blockage.
- Echoencephalography diagnose hydrocephalus and hemorrhage.
- Laboratory research.
Neurosurgery in Israel: the treatment of nervous system diseases
Currently, the clinic Assuta conduct surgery following injuries and diseases:
- vertebral fractures;
- osteochondrosis of the intervertebral disc;
- congenital malformations of the nervous system (diasteatomielii, lipomielomeningotsele, myelomeningocele);
- intervertebral hernia;
- spinal tumor;
- infections of the nervous system;
- traumatic brain injury, traumatic intracranial hematomas;
- defects of the skull;
- neoplasms (benign or malignant), brain and spinal cord;
- spinal stenosis;
- arteriovenous and arterial aneurysm;
- vascular lesions of the brain and spinal cord;
- brachial plexus palsy;
- cauda equina syndrome;
- epilepsy ;
- Parkinson's disease;
- cerebral palsy;
- hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke;
- pituitary adenoma ;
- arteriovenous malformations;
- pain (central and peripheral), etc.
neurosurgery unit in Israel Assuta Hospital:
- Oncological neurosurgery engaged operational diagnosis and removal of primary tumors and brain metastases, tumors of the skull base.
- Radiosurgery (stereotactic radiosurgery) - treatment technique Gamma Knife, in the course of which a dot is irradiated brain tumor. This method is used when there is a deep location of the tumor, that is, traditional surgery may not be applicable.
- Functional neurosurgery in Israel involves the surgical treatment of neuropathic pain, depression, disorders of motor functions.
- Endovascular Neurosurgery specializes in the surgical treatment of vascular brain and spinal cord. Surgical access is by means of catheterization of the brain. Ongoing treatments of arteriovenous malformations, aneurysms, fistulas karotidnokavernoznogo using balloon angioplasty and stents.
- Treatment of epilepsy - operative treatment is carried out when the disease is not amenable to drug therapy.
Minimally invasive neurosurgery in Israel is a priority for the Assuta hospital doctors. During these surgical procedures are carried out using minimal incisions and surgical microscopes. This method makes it possible to reduce the loss of blood, the risk of accidental damage, infections, reduce the rehabilitation period.
Unique minimally invasive procedure used Israel Assuta neurosurgeons in the clinic, it is the treatment of herniated discs using RF ENERGY technology. This method of neurosurgery in Israel is based on the use of high-frequency low-temperature radio waves. During the operation precision cuts are made in the pain and cauterization zone, causing minimal damage to the surrounding tissue. Method DISC FX assigned at diagnosis disc protrusion when no conservative treatment results (acupuncture, physical therapy, etc.). The advantages of this method include: minimum sectional detailed access to painful area, a local anesthetic, a short recovery period.
The clinic Assuta carry out the following types of neurosurgical operations:
- balloon angioplasty;
- joint surgery;
- CSF shunting;
- stabilization with pigamentoplastikoy;
- spinal microsurgery;
- spinal surgery (laser, laparoscopic, by CT, endoscopic);
- stereotactic brain biopsy;
- microsurgical reconstruction of peripheral nerves;
- replacing vertebral discs and others.
Pediatric neurosurgery in Israel
Assuta Hospital Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery has one of the most promising and advanced pediatric offices. Here spend surgical treatment of the following diseases:
- spinal tumor;
- congenital anomalies of the spine and the skull;
- traumatic brain injury;
- tumors of the brain and spinal cord;
- seizure disorders;
- cerebellar tumors, brain ventricle;
- Arnold Chiari anomaly;
- Aferta syndrome;
- Shotsena syndrome;
- Crouzon syndrome;
- disorders skull structure, etc ..
In addition to high quality care neurosurgeon clinic Assuta offers a comfortable stay for young patients and special methods of communication.
The best neurosurgeons in the Israeli clinic Assuta
Nachshon Knoler, MD, is a practicing surgeon in the Medical Center. He specializes in spine surgery, bone and brain. Dr. Knoler graduated from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, he continued his studies in the United States. He worked in medical centers in North America.
Izaar Flyuman, Professor, MD, heads the Israeli Center for Spine Surgery Assuta Hospital. He was educated in Jerusalem. He took part in the US spine surgery research. He taught at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Is Israeli and international medical societies (USA, Europe). In addition to medical practices engaged in scientific activities.