General surgery in Israel is a complex diagnostic procedures and subsequent surgical treatment of various lesions, malformations and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (esophagus, stomach, liver, pancreas, intestines, gallbladder and bile ducts), the thoracic cavity, as well as soft tissue and endocrine glands.
The composition of Israel's general surgery includes thoracic and abdominal surgery. The latter is directed to correction of diseases of the abdominal cavity, thoracic - for surgical treatment of the chest cavity.
Currently, the clinic Assuta employs over 250 highly qualified surgeons.
Carried out in the department of general surgery diagnosis is considered one of the best worldwide. Assuta Medical Center has its own diagnostic institutes: MRI Institute, Institute of CT, PET-CT Institute, Institute of ultrasound.
In the department of general surgery hospital successfully treats the following diseases of thoracic and abdominal cavities, soft tissue:
- soft tissue abscess;
- chronic and acute appendicitis;
- purulent mastitis;
- esophageal hernias;
- peptic ulcer disease;
- Crohn's disease;
- gastrointestinal bleeding;
- ulcerative colitis;
- benign tumors;
- intestinal obstruction;
- portal hypertension;
- liver abscesses;
- acute and chronic pancreatitis;
- pancreatic necrosis;
- stenosis fatterova nipple;
- lung abscess;
Operating department of general surgery medical center equipped with the innovative control and monitoring system. Information about the state of lighting, air, an oxygen level and other information reproduced on the PDP. Each operating a digital archive that provides data on the results of analyzes of the history of the disease and so forth.
Department of general surgery at the hospital in the Israeli market Assuta Medical Innovations is a leader.
- It was here that was first carried out an operation on the spine with the use of ultrasonic scalpel Bonescalpel.
- Also, the patient has the opportunity to go through the X-ray procedure during surgery using the O-ARM device, a three-dimensional X-ray robot system. It seriously reduces the need for re-operation. For example, three-dimensional images can detect an error when administered implants and carry out the correction. According to statistics, 25% of operations are permitted error, that makes 5% of patients go on repeated surgery.
- Doctors of the department of percutaneous biopsy was first introduced, which has become a common diagnostic method at present.
- At the disposal of the Department of General Surgery Specialists is a unique robotic system - the device da Vinci.
Depending on the nature and objectives of the medical center carried out several types of operations:
- Radical surgery, eliminating the pathological process.
- Diagnostic operations, establishing an accurate diagnosis.
- Palliative surgical intervention, bringing short-term relief of the patient.
New technologies in surgery
Assuta Hospital allows patients to be treated with the most modern methods.
The laparoscopic technique is a minimally invasive surgical procedure, and is indicated for operations in the abdomen, for example, in removing the gall bladder or in the treatment of cancer pathologies. For this method, a large number of characteristic advantages. The use of minimal cuts eliminates the possibility of heavy bleeding and post-operative scars. Shortened period of hospitalization and rehabilitation, recovery occurs quickly.
The Department of General Surgery Assuta MC carry out the following types of laparoscopic surgery:
- Laparoscopic colectomy - a method of treatment of colorectal cancer. During surgery deletes the rectum and colon.
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy relates to methods of treating obesity. During the operation, the stomach sleeve acquires the shape, as part of the organ is removed along the longitudinal axis.
- Laparoscopic gastroshuntirovanie is surgically treating obesity, in the course of which the reservoir is formed in the upper compartment of the stomach.
- Laparoscopic resection of the small bowel - surgery to remove part of the small intestine for tumors, Crohn's disease, duodenal ulcer, acute intestinal obstruction, hernia and other diseases.
- Laparoscopic hernia repair is a minimally invasive surgery to remove an umbilical hernia.
- Laparoscopic splenectomy.
The spectrum of this type of surgery is quite wide: from cholecystectomy (gall bladder removal) to gastrectomies (removal of the stomach).
Endovascular operations are conducted in the treatment of diseases of the heart and blood vessels. Israeli doctors were among the first who began to apply similar surgery for correction of congenital heart disease, atherosclerosis vessels, coronary heart disease. The peculiarity of these transactions is that the access to the desired vessel is carried out through the peripheral arteries: femoral, carotid or radial. Through this method is performed balloon angioplasty.
Surgery bariatric is effective is one's of the Methods for Treating obesity. The clinic Assuta carried out various types of operations: to reduce the volume of the stomach, to reduce the absorption of nutrients in the digestive tract, combined surgery.
- Banding Gastric involves overlaying ring on top of the old body to the reduce weight by 50-60%.
- Gastroscopic plastic stomach is an operation in which the stomach through the mouth administered special gastroscope. Then, using titanium clips create additional folds that reduce the volume of the organ.
- Gastric bypass surgery in Israelto reduce excess weight by 65-70%. The stomach is divided into two segments: large and small (50ml). Go to last sutured the small intestine. Innovative technology is Biliopancreatic bypass, during which reduced stomach volume and decreases the level of absorption of carbohydrates and fats. This is achieved by removing the pancreatic juice and bile in the end of the small intestine.