Ophthalmology in Israel successfully treats various diseases of the visual system. This branch of medicine is the most widely used the latest achievements of computer technology, electronics and physics.
Specialized separation Assuta clinic relates to the leaders in the field and ensures an unprecedented quality and an excellent efficiency to patients.
The Assuta 133 ophthalmologist working successfully, 4 professors, carrying out 59 types of surgical interventions. All experts participate in international conferences, transferring its valuable experience of foreign colleagues. Since many diseases of the eye poorly detected to date are successfully treated at Assuta Hospital.
Ophthalmology in Israel: diagnosis of diseases
Better diagnosis of eye diseases - a business card of the medical center. The latest techniques, known throughout the medical community, the achievements in the field of ophthalmology provide an opportunity to verify even the most complex pathology of the vision.
For diagnosis clinic ophthalmologists employ a wide range of diagnostic procedures:
- Keratografiya examines corneal shape by photographing images reflected from its surface. Identifies violations of sphericity of the cornea.
- Tonometry measures intraocular pressure, which is based on the fact that under pressure or mass tonometer cornea undergoes deformation. Assign suspected retinal detachment, glaucoma, diabetic coma, etc.
- Electrocardiogram eye is a standard procedure, the results of which are diagnosed.
- Electrophysiology eye assesses the degree of authority of the child's safety.
- Laser Doppler flowmetry diagnoses the condition of microcirculation, blood flow rate estimates. This procedure is performed before performing laser operations by being treated with astigmatism, hyperopia and myopia.
- Endothelial microscopy counts corneal epithelial cells with a microscope. Assigned to the surgical treatment of cataracts , for diagnosing corneal diseases, selecting the graft.
- Ultrasound biomicroscopy allows for visualization of anatomical structures of the anterior segment of the eye, including, if the reduced optical transparency of the structures. It is used for the detection of cataract, trachoma, glaucoma.
- Electroretinography examines the functional condition of the retina by means of registration of biopotentials which arise under the influence of light on the eye.
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT) explores the morphology of the posterior and anterior segment of the eyeball. It evaluates the condition of the retina and measures the thickness determines the transparency of the cornea. Reveals lesions of the optic nerve, glaucoma, retinal disease.
- Laser imaging diagnoses the initial signs of pathological changes in the retina, which are inaccessible to conventional ophthalmoscopy.
The clinic Assuta successfully treated:
- primary and secondary glaucoma;
- congenital and acquired cataracts;
- benign and malignant tumors of the eye;
- retinal disease;
- eye injuries;
- Pathology of the vitreous;
- retinal detachment;
- neyrooftalmologicheskie disease;
- angioneurotic edema of the eyelids;
- atrophy of the optic nerves;
- macular degeneration;
- orbitopathy endocrine and other diseases.
Eye Treatment in Israel
Modern technology ophthalmology Israel allow painlessly and quickly restore the patient's vision. Conducted a comprehensive surgical (laser) treatment, eye microsurgery, therapeutic interventions in children and adults.
One of the advanced methods of eye treatment in Israel recognized by laser surgery. Minimally invasive techniques, the absence of complications, stable therapeutic effect and rapid rehabilitation of the patient - the main advantages of laser ophthalmology in Israel. This is an effective way to treat astigmatism, farsightedness and nearsightedness.
Vitreoretinal surgery is the most difficult yet promising direction. It represents vitrectomy surgery, which aims to - remove the modified vitreous. This method of eye treatment in Israel indicated for the diagnosis:
- retinal disinsertion;
- macular holes;
- diabetic retinopathy;
- severe post-traumatic conditions;
- hemophthalmus various etiologies, and other pathological processes posterior segment of the eye.
Vitrectomy can restore vision in cases that were previously considered hopeless.
The clinic Assuta carry out the following types of microsurgical procedures:
- Cataract extraction, during which the removed clouded crystalline lens. Types of surgical procedures: laser extraction, ultrasonic phacoemulsification, intracapsular extraction, extracapsular extraction.
- Trabekulotomiya - surgery to treat glaucoma. Apply the following types of surgery: the excimer laser trabekulotomiyu, trabeelektomiyu, cyclophotocoagulation, trabekulotomiyu.
- Surgical correction involves strabismus using different techniques depending on the problem muscle, eye deviation angle.
- Surgical operations in lacrimal pathways. Transkanalikulyarnaya endoscopic laser dacryocystorhinostomy, endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy - surgery to remove the obstruction of the tear duct.
- Correction of congenital and acquired ptosis solves the problem of the upper eyelid ptosis.
- Removal of pterygium - surgery to remove a benign conjunctival sclera. Laser removal is also performed pterygium hymen.
- to remove the chalazion surgery.
- An intraocular correction involves implantation of artificial lenses (monoblocks with "yellow" filter, aspheric, toric, multifocal, accommodating).
- artificial eye transplant and others.
In clinic Assuta effectively apply modern laser and minimally invasive methods for vision correction and treatment of various diseases of the visual system. In the treatment of an eye the latest technology are widely used in Israel, the medical staff has the highest qualifications.