The incidence of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma is not more than 5% of all cancer pathology. But the disease itself quite insidiously and over the years a very small number of patients able to overcome the 5-year-old line of survival. Now, thanks to the fact that science goes hand in hand with medicine treatment of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in Israel shows very good results. Thanks to new technologies, modern drugs and good diagnostic equipment more than 65% of patients overcome the threshold of five-year survival rate of about 20% - not confirmed the diagnosis, and in 10-15% of patients with severe stable remission is possible to cause the disease.
Treatment of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in Israel
Chemotherapy - is the main therapy for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Its aim to slow tumor growth. As a rule, carried out in several ways
- Orally (tablets or capsules).
- The syrups (mainly for children).
Chemotherapy usually takes place in several cycles with a time interval between them. Depending on the type of lymphoma and its stage of chemotherapy may consist of a single drug or combination of drugs.
It is a narrow radiochastits stream that causes the destruction and the death of cancer cells. It carried out in combination with chemotherapy and as a self-treatment. Furthermore, using radiotherapy is possible to reduce or completely eliminate painful sensations that occur during running or advanced lymphoma.
This is a relatively new method, but thanks to him, the forecasts have improved considerably. For immunotherapy using monoclonal antibodies. There are several types of drugs based on monoclonal antibodies.
Immunotherapy drugs is of several types:
- Antibodies Monoclonal , the when the which had ingested binds to a receptor on the surface of tumor cells, and a His own immunity Helps to see the the diseased cells and the destroy Them. Also, this type of monoclonal antibodies makes the cancer cells more susceptible to chemotherapy.
- : Second of the type of The - a monoclonal antibody, the which comprise the drugs and a deliver Them Directly to the cancer cells.
- THIRD, of the type of The - monoclonal Antibodies That the carry the Radioactive the Particles That the destroy tumor cells. This type of therapy is called radiommunnoy and gives very good results in the treatment of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in Izraile.V most cases used in the treatment of several types of lymphoma immunotherapy.
- Radical will most of the type of The of treatment - a bone marrow transplantation (bone marrow transplant). Despite the common misconception that it is a very serious operation, TCM in fact it is a transplant of stem cell colonies harvested from the patient's blood in bone, not a piece of the spinal cord, as is commonly believed.
To date, there are two types of bone marrow transplantation:
- Autologous transplantation (own cell).
- Allograft (donor stem cells are used).
Typically, this procedure is carried out in conjunction with chemotherapy, radiotherapy and immunotherapy. The complex this treatment allows many patients to not only overcome the 10-year-old line of survival in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, but also significantly improves the long-term forecasts of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in Israel. Many patients are unable to achieve stable remission.
Remission of non-Hodgkin lymphoma:
- Complete - there are no signs of lymphoma in the body. All the laboratory parameters were normal.
- Partial - Hodgkin gone more than 50% of the initial state, but it can still be found in laboratory and instrumental diagnostics.
The clinic Assuta, you can get not only the treatment of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, but also to undergo rehabilitation after intensive cancer therapy. Since you will work qualified therapists, massage therapists, and psychologists.
In case of relapse of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, doctors repeat the course of treatment - chemotherapy, immunotherapy and radio, but for other schemes. Patients with resistance to existing drugs tumor can offer products that are involved in clinical trials, and very often exceed the efficiency of existing drugs. In order to choose the right treatment regimen of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, it is necessary to conduct a thorough diagnosis of the disease.
Diagnosis of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in Israel
Diagnosis takes 3 to 5 days, and includes:
- Blood tests.
- Consultation of specialized doctors.
- Magnetic resonance imaging and PET-CT - allows you to identify even the smallest metastases.
- Biopsy or its revision.
- Ultrasound of the spine and chest.
The clinic Assuta for diagnostic use the most modern equipment. Therapy is mostly international experts. We collaborate with doctors such as Professor Ofer Spielberg and Dr. Odelia Gur.
Spielberg Professor - known worldwide for Oncology and Hematology. By applying an innovative approach to the treatment of hematological diseases in the 20 years of medical work Professor Spielberg saved the lives of more than 1,000 patients.
Dr. Gur Odelia - a specialist in the treatment of the Highest level of hematologic Diseases. By Dr. Gur come for treatment from all over the world.
What is non-Hodgkin's lymphoma?
This is a tumor that affects the lymphatic system of the person. Error occurs when lymphocyte differentiation. To date, there are about 29 types.
Types of lymphoma:
- Follicular (mostly found in people 40-50 years old).
- Lymphocytic - affects bone marrow and lymph nodes.
- Marginal Zone - mainly occurs in people who turned 60-year-old milestone.
- Limfoplazmaticheskaya - main symptom is increased protein levels (IgM).
- Cutaneous T-cell - affects the skin. As a rule, sick people in the 60+ age.
- Diffuse large - affects the lymph nodes, thyroid tissue, can affect the skin and bones of the skeleton.
- Mantle cell lymphoma.
- Burkitt's lymphoma.
- Peripheral T-cell lymphoma.
What are the causes of lymphoma:
The causes of the disease are not well understood. It is believed that the provocative factors can serve as 60+ age, obesity, congenital immunodeficiency, acquired immunodeficiency, cancer-causing substances - insecticides, herbicides.
- Swollen lymph nodes.
- Increased body temperature.
- Weight Loss.
If you have found at least some of the above symptoms, you should not delay to consult a doctor. If you survey nehodzhinskaya diagnosed with lymphoma - address to our experts. We guarantee you that after the treatment of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in the clinic Assuta, the disease for a long time to retreat. And you will be able to live a full life.
How can I get advice or treatment of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in Israel:
Call the phone number on the clinic website or fill in the feedback form and our consultant will call you back.