What is the advantage of treating neuroblastoma in Israel in the clinic Assuta? Firstly, it is treated in a specialized center, where for many years to turn out the most effective methods of treatment of neuroblastoma in children. Secondly, in our clinic often spend program of clinical trials of new drugs. And children with severe forms of neuroblastoma, can participate in such a program, paying only for the study. This gives a chance to live, even in the most advanced stages of disease development. And, thirdly - the most modern diagnostic equipment allows to detect neuroblastoma in the early stages.
Neuroblastoma Treatment in Israel
Scheme treating neuroblastoma in Israel largely depends on the size of the tumor, its location and the presence or absence of metastasis.
Surgery. This is the main method of treating neuroblastoma in Israel. Is removed or the tumor itself or the tumor along with adjacent tissue to her. It all depends on the degree of development of the cancer process. The surgery is performed by experienced neurosurgeons using precision equipment.
Chemotherapy. Applied, usually after surgery. But in some cases, when the tumor can not be removed, or it's too big, chemotherapy is used alone or in combination with radiotherapy. Chemotherapy for Childhood basically comes in tablets or syrups. Along with it is held detoxification therapy. This reduces the side effects to a minimum .
Radiotherapy. Performed using high-precision, highly directional installation. Only irradiated tumor affected organs and tissues. Currently, the clinic Assuta, applied a new direction radiotherapy - MIBG therapy. With this method, the blood is introduced chemical soedenienie MIBG, which under the influence of radio, embedded in neuroblastoma cells and destroys them. Very often this type of combined with chemotherapy and immunotherapy, and leads to excellent results.
Bone marrow transplantation. The main purpose - to replace the cancer cells to healthy ones. The maximum number of patients killed cells Using high-chemotherapy. And then intravenously injected healthy stem cells. Which are able to differentiate into healthy blood cells and nervous tissue.
Retinoid therapy. At the TCM carried retinoic therapy. This drug therapy is similar to vitamin A , which helps sexually immature cells to transform into normal healthy cells of the nervous system. According to recent studies the use of retinoid therapy improves survival rate in neuroblastoma.
Immunotherapy. This is the latest and very effective method of treating neuroblastoma in Israel. Chemotherapy is different from that of immunotherapy drugs interact directly with the tumor cells and cause their death. Immunotherapy drugs are not toxic and do not cause side effects such as chemotherapy.
Observation. This method is applicable to a very small number of patients. In 2-3% of children with neuroblastoma, under the age of 6 months, the tumor itself is resorbed. And in this situation there is no need for any treatment. The main thing - in time to pass the planned survey that would be in time to see there is a growth or tumor regression.
Palliative care. This type of treatment is used in the most severe cases and aims to extend and improve the quality of life of the patient.
Diagnosis of neuroblastoma in Israel
In order to determine the choice of therapy is necessary to carry out a qualitative examination of the patient. For diagnosis and disease stage in Israel, the following methods are used:
- Inspection, collection of complaints and medical history.
- Clinical blood test.
- Clinical analysis of urine (determined daily amount of catecholamines).
- CT, MRI and X-ray study of the chest.
- A biopsy of the affected tissues (defined tumor type).
- Bone marrow puncture (helps to determine whether the bone marrow is involved in the process).
- A blood test for specific tumor markers.
- Abdominal aortography cavagraphy and inferior vena cava. It held for suspected tumor vascular lesion.
What is neuroblastoma?
Neuroblastoma - a tumor in the formation of which involves immature nerve cells - neuroblasts. It can be formed in the pelvic organs, adrenal gland, neck, and retroperitoneal space. In 90% of cases of sick children up to 5 years. But it can be in older children. The risk of developing neuroblastoma after 15-16 years of virtually zero. In children under 6 months may well degenerate into a benign tumor or disappear completely. If you are diagnosed with neuroblastoma, treatment in an Israeli hospital Assuta significantly increases the chances of a complete cure this disease.
Tumor limited to one area. Typically, the first step is affected only to nearby lymph nodes swelling. In this situation, it can be removed completely.
- Tumor soldered to surrounding tissues, and its removal is difficult.
- The tumor is localized, but amazed at not only the nearest, but distant lymph nodes.
- Neuroblastoma is fully developed and it is almost impossible to remove. Lymph nodes at the same time can not contain cancer cells
- The developed tumor with metastasis to other parts of the body.
- A special category of neuroblastoma. It happens only in children under 1 year of age. Usually it spreads to other organs and bone marrow, but it may well pass on their own without treatment. With this type of neuroblastoma in children a very good chance of a complete cure.
neuroblastoma treatment in Israel in the clinic Assuta will increase your chances for a favorable outcome. The Assuta work only highly qualified specialists, who come to be treated not only from the CIS countries, but also from the EU and the US. Accurate diagnosis, effective treatments, modern drugs - all this leads to a good result. We provide assistance even in the most severe and advanced cases.
Turning to us, you can count on:
- Full services at all stages of examination and treatment.
- Meeting at the airport.
- Provision of housing for the duration of your stay in Israel.
- Examination and diagnosis as soon as possible.
- A complete package of examination and treatment protocol at hand.
We save your time and money by providing the opportunity to be examined and treated in one of the most famous Israeli hospitals.
To record on consultation fill out the form below and our consultant will contact you as soon as possible.