jaw cancer is uncommon - only 1-2% of all cancer cases, there may develop, regardless of age, both in infants and in the elderly. The disease most often affects the lower jaw than the upper. Location of the tumor in the jaw, is considered one of the most difficult to treat, because the front area has a complex structure, with many major nerves and blood vessels. Therefore, choosing a clinic for treatment of jaw cancer in Israel, you will be sure that the narrow specialists of different directions have more than enough experience and are experts in their field.
Treatment of cancer of the jaw in Israel and has the following advantages
- Modern dental equipment. Assuta Clinic a complex for oral surgery; You can also get dental care and preoperative
- Transoral robotic surgery (TORS). Tumors of the jaw, as well asThese types of operations often require a longThe Israeli medical centers such operations are carriedThis surgical approach allows the use of anWith two robotic tools, which act asTransoral robotic surgery is suitable for patients withIn addition to better cosmetic effect (noFor some of the early stages of cancer
- Of the clinics with In Israel your problem will of the BE Engaged in the medical team That includes surgeons, oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists and reabiletologi. Because each person and each case is unique
- "Assuta" is as with the leader in a Scientific research, Aimed AT the study of cancer treatment and ITS. Researchers at the clinic have achieved impressive results
Cancer of the jaw - is the growth of malignant cells to her bones. A cancer arising from the jaw bone is called a primary cancer of the jaw. However, cancer cells can also spread to the jaw from other types of head and neck cancer, called secondary cancer of the jaw.
The causes of jaw cancer
- Use Tobacco . Tobacco products - cigars, cigarettes or pipes , are the main cause of increased risk of developing cancer of the jaw in humans. Smokeless tobacco products such as snuff or chewing tobacco can also increase the risk of jaw cancer because they contain 28 dangerous chemical additives that provoke cancer.
- Use of alcohol of The . Alcohol also increases the risk of developing oral cancer due to chemical substances in a substance that will stimulate the growth of cancerous substances. Drinking alcohol while smoking further increases this risk , because alcohol dehydrates tissues and harmful substances from tobacco is easier to get into them.
- Exposure to sunlight. The sun's rays can cause cellular mutations that can lead to cancer. This risk can be easily prevented by a suitable face protection from the direct rays of the sun.
- Infection Viral . Human papilloma virus increases the risk of oral cancer.
- Age. With age increases the risk of cancer of the jaw, because the immune system loses its ability to fight such ailments. A poorly balanced diet, lack of trace elements can also affect the body's ability to function properly.
The symptoms of jaw cancer
- Pain in the jaw. As the number of cancer cells in the jaw increases, it can cause the destruction of the jaw bone, which can be quite painful. The pain may be aggravated by chewing.
- Appearance of tumors. With the development of cancer of the jaw , you may notice swelling under or around the teeth gums. When the tumor gets bigger, it can cause a toothache.
- Swelling of the jaw. Malignant tumors of the jaws may cause swelling of the tissues in the mouth.
- Tooth mobility. As the cancer destroys the jaw bone, they can no longer hold the teeth firmly - so they can be unsteady when touched.
- Localized swelling of the face. Tumor located on the outer side of the jaw can cause swelling of the face.
- Numbness or tingling of the jaw. You may feel a tingling or numbness in the jaw. This is because the tumor puts pressure on the nerves that control the sensitivity.
- Swollen lymph nodes. With the development of jaw cancer lymph nodes near the jawbone may swell. This may be a sign that the cancer has started to spread, so this symptom should be taken very seriously. Enlarged lymph nodes are also a sign that your body is fighting an infection, but if you have a risk of developing cancer of the jaw, it is important to get an accurate diagnosis from your doctor.
Diagnosis of jaw cancer in Israel
Diagnosis of jaw cancer involves physical examination, x-ray and a biopsy.
- Physical examination. When viewed from the mouth, and the head can be detected tumors in the oral cavity or on the face. Teeth are also investigating to determine any of the weakening, which is associated with the growth of tumors in the tooth sockets.
- X-ray. X-ray images can be seen tumors located on the joint. However, X-ray examinations are not decisive for the malignant cells, as it can also be a benign cyst.
- Biopsy. A biopsy is the only reliable cancer research to determine the jaw. Histological examination of the sample is exposed to tissues and jaw bones.
Treatment of cancer of the jaw in Israel
- Surgery. Removal of a cancerous tumor surgically indicated, if the tumor is localized, and the cells have not begun to spread throughout the body. If the affected lymph nodes near the jaw , it may require more aggressive treatment of cancer of the jaw in Israel. Surgery is the most effective if the cancer was detected at an early stage.
- Therapy Radiation is Carried out for the Destruction of malignant cells. Radioactive material can be placed directly into the patient's body or beams can be precisely focused on the tumor and absorbed through the skin using a special modern equipment. Radiation therapy prevents the spread of cancer cells and reduces tumor size.
- Chemotherapy. Chemotherapy is usually performed as an adjunct to surgery to destroy cancer cells completely, which could spread to adjacent organs. Drugs administered to the patient intravenously to help kill fast-growing cancer cells that may invade other areas of the body. This treatment of cancer of the jaw in Israel can also help cope with the pain that causes swelling.
Exodus treatment of cancer in Israel jaws depends on the extent and stage of disease. As a rule, osteosarcoma in the bone have a better prognosis than other forms of malignant tumors, especially when the cancer cells are still inside the jawbone.
Surgical treatment of cancer of the jaw in Israel in the early stages gives a successful result. The survival rate of cancer jaw is 40% for men and 50% for women at the time of diagnosis and treatment, irrespective of the stage.