The Assuta is the treatment of glioma in Israel, the best neurosurgeons, experts of international level. This gives patients the chance to improve their health, get rid of the disease and fear for their lives. The largest private medical complex has the latest equipment, the cost of which often exceeds tens of millions of dollars. Here are the best practices of their own doctors, heads of specialized centers, divisions, departments in other hospitals in Israel. The Assuta employs doctors on a daily basis conducting surgical treatment of gliomas on the principle of "keyhole" with minimal tissue damage. This provides a quick recovery of patients, shortened rehabilitation period.
Glioma - what is it?
Glioma - type of brain tumor that begins in glial cells. There are three main types of cellular structures, capable of producing tumors:
- Astrocytes - accessory cells, similar in shape to the star. They supply the body develops astrocytoma - brain tumor. Astrocytoma range from benign neoplasms, which are typically not subject to corrosive and very dangerous tumors.
- Ependymal cells - lining the ventricles of the brain, producing tumor called ependymoma. It arises, usually in children younger than 3 years. In most cases, it is growing slower or at a moderate pace.
- Oligodendrocytes - these glial cells provoke the growth of oligodendroglioma. The latter, by contrast, are more typical for older patients, men aged 50-60 years.
In many situations, glioma contains more than one type of glial cells. This is typical of mixed gliomas, where the combination of astrocytes and oligodendrocytes, but any combination is possible.
Glial cells constitute supportive tissue of the brain and, unlike neurons, do not conduct electrical impulses. If you do not seek treatment in a timely manner, of any type of tumor can grow and put pressure on other structures in the brain. The latter causes damage and interferes with the ability of the brain to function properly. This leads to a decrease in function and can be fatal.
The clinic offers the latest diagnostic methods for patients with glioma. A thorough examination and study of clinical cases carried out by experts of radiation, surgical and general medical oncology. Diagnosis is performed as soon as possible in order to lose no time, the doctors and the patient can decide on the therapeutic protocol, which give preference to. When considering treatment options for gliomas in Israel, doctors are looking for the most sparing methods that help to get the best results. The main priority of therapy - patient health recovery with the least harm to his body minimal injuries and discomfort.
The development of glioma
There are different types of brain tumors. Some zarozhdyayutsya in it, while others have spread from other parts of the body. Gliomas are brain tumors, which are known as primary tumors. About 30% of brain tumors begin in glial cells. Gliomas are presented in four classes:
- Grade I glioma - usually occurs in children and can often be removed surgically. It does not penetrate the surrounding healthy brain cells. If you remove the affected tissue completely, so the tumor can be cured. Examples I glioma astrocytoma hairlike degree is.
- Grade II glioma - slowly growing. Examples II gliomas degree - astrocytomas, oligodendrogliomas, and ependymomas. Many of them are often benign (non-cancerous). Glioma 2 degrees can cause symptoms such as cramps and headaches. These tumors can be converted into a higher class over time and begin to grow more rapidly.
- Malignant (cancerous) gliomas grow faster and are either grade III or IV. Examples III gliomas degree - anaplastic astrocytoma, anaplastic oligodendroglioma and anaplastic ependymoma. The most commonly diagnosed grade IV glioma - glioblastoma .
II, III and IV of tumor usually quite aggressive. The therapeutic protocol of treatment of glioma in Israel of these degrees is not limited to surgery, harmoniously combining several technologies.
Manifestation of the disease depends on the size, degree and location of glioma. If the following symptoms, contact your doctor.
- nausea and vomiting;
- personality changes;
- memory loss;
- changes in speech;
- loss of appetite;
- weakness, loss of sensation in the extremities;
- blurred vision and abnormal eye movements.
Gliomas are classified in accordance with what is inherent in nature defeats them. Usually in the treatment of glioma in Israel used the classification developed by the WHO. They consider:
- The degree of differentiation - as a cancer cell looks under the microscope and different from normal cells.
- How fast the cells divide, and how fast the tumor is growing.
- How to quickly create new blood vessels.
- Whether there is necrosis of brain cells due to abnormal activity of the tumor structure.
If you are diagnosed with a brain tumor, and you want to get a second opinion about the treatment of glioma in Israel, as in Russia, we offer online communication with experts Assuta Hospital.
diagnosis of glioma
range of tests used for diagnosis:
- body check;
- medical history;
- computed tomography;
- A biopsy of the affected tissue and undergo a change collected during brain surgery. Later, the material studied by means of cytological and histological analysis by a pathologist using a microscope.
Glioma Treatment in Israel
Treatment options for gliomas in Israel may include the following methods:
- Surgery - craniotomy - a procedure that is performed by a neurosurgeon. The skull is a small opening to allow access to the brain. This allows for glioma tissue biopsy and remove some of the tumor at the same time. After the operation the bone is replaced and the muscles and the skin are sewn. New techniques are used in addition to traditional surgical approaches. These include the use of fiber-optic laser probe. The tool is embedded in the tumor, then the tumor sighting laser beam collapses. The laser acts antiseptic, block bleeding, conducts treatment and decontamination of the surrounding tissues.
- Radiation therapy - small, precise doses of radiation are used to identify and destroy cancer cells. When it comes to the treatment of glioma in Israel with radiosurgery, the procedure is performed without opening the skull (craniotomy). However, it is used exclusively in work with small tumors that do not impair the function of the brain. A session lasts until processing hour. At this time, the patient's head is clamped with a special device that provides exposure accuracy. After the procedure, which is conducted on an outpatient basis, the patient is sent home.
- Chemotherapy - the use of cancer-killing cytotoxic drugs. Funds are selected individually to the patient felt less side effects as a result of treatment.
When working with brain tumors, all three types of treatment of glioma in Israel often given in combination. If glioma was diagnosed at later stages, the cancer can spread to the point at which conventional therapeutic regimens will have no effect. Treatment then focuses on improving the quality of life by alleviating the symptoms. This palliative therapy, which may include the use of drugs to relieve pain, nausea and vomiting.
After the course of treatment no less attention is paid to Assuta rehabilitation process. The patient is important to return to the familiar life, which are used in the clinic specialized rehabilitation programs developed individually for each patient.
for the treatment of glioma prices in Israel
The price of treatment is formed on the basis of the therapeutic protocol, but this requires the details that reveal the specifics of your illness. We give the value of a number of procedures:
- MRI of the brain - $ 1470.
- Blood tests - from $ 80.
- Receiving a neurosurgeon - $ 560.
- Craniotomy - $ 34,000.
- Radiation therapy - from 140 $.
- Chemotherapy - $ 1080.
If you are interested in prices, please contact us in any way convenient for you. Our experts will carefully study your clinical case, request a diagnostic documents confirming the diagnosis.