Orthopedics is a branch of clinical medicine dealing with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disorders and deformities of the musculoskeletal system (tendons, ligaments, muscles, joints, bones), which may be congenital defects, developmental disabilities, the effects of diseases and injuries.
Assuta Hospital provides modern orthopedics center, home of the conservative and surgical treatment, perform 115 types of surgical interventions that offer patients the opportunity to lead a full life.
Pathological changes of the musculoskeletal system may be primary (congenital) and secondary (acquired as a result of injury or disease).
Congenital disorders of the musculoskeletal system:
- diseases of the pelvic girdle (hip dysplasia);
- spine problems (torticollis, scoliosis);
- deformation of the lower extremities (clubfoot curving or disorder limb length);
- diseases of the joints of the shoulder girdle;
- orthopedic problems due to cerebral palsy and other diseases of the nervous and muscular systems.
Many of these diseases require a comprehensive and long-term correction. Complexity also lies in the fact that the patients are children who grow and develop. For this reason, this line is allocated as a pediatric orthopedics.
In addition, often orthopedic treatment of congenital diseases performed surgically. Of particular significance is the high level of professionalism and experience of surgeons, modern technical equipment of medical institutions. All this provides one of the largest medical centers in Israel - Assuta Hospital.
The secondary orthopedic diseases that are caused by injury or other pathologies, include:
- arthritis (shoulder, hip, knee);
- dystrophic changes of the musculoskeletal system;
- damage ligamentous apparatus.
The most common orthopedic diseases who are treated in Israeli clinics include:
- low back pain;
- stop deformation;
- adgeizivny capsules;
- arthritis ;
- flat feet;
- pathology of menisci of the knee;
- herniated disc ;
- Ankylosing spondylitis;
- correction of hallux valgus of the great toe.
Orthopedic Diagnostics in Israel
Assuta Hospital Orthopedic Center has the most modern diagnostic equipment.
For the primary outcome of the diagnosis of the disease suggest the following basic set of studies:
- Radiography evaluates the condition and structure of the musculoskeletal system. Review and apply sighting kinds radiographs.
- Magnetic resonance imaging - superfine diagnostic method diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Conduct studies of the spine, joints (shoulder, hip, knee, etc.), muscle, muscle tissue, ligaments and tendons.
- Computed tomography determines the state of the bones, cartilage, articular surfaces, identifies the synovial pathology.
- Diagnostic arthroscopy involves introducing a thin tube with an optical video system into a joint through puncture soft tissue to about 0.5 cm long. It makes it possible to see inside the joint.
- Densitometry produces a quantitative assessment of bone mass. Used for the diagnosis of osteoporosis.
- arthrocentesis - is taking the synovial fluid for analysis. When tumors musculoskeletal system operate puncture biopsy.
- Laboratory diagnosis.
- Physical examination and consultation with a podiatrist.
Orthopedic treatment in the clinic Assuta
Orthopedics in Israel uses high-tech methods of treatment, allowing you to save fine motor skills in patients with lesions brush, normal mobility of the limbs and spine.
The choice of treatment in orthopedics due to many factors. Many diseases of the musculoskeletal system are successfully treated on an outpatient basis, without resorting to surgery. Orthopedic surgeons at the clinic Assuta prefer minimally invasive approach. Because it reduces the period of hospitalization and rehabilitation, to avoid complications after surgery to reduce the risk of blood loss.
Methods of treatment and rehabilitation of orthopedics in Israel:
- Conservative treatment: drug therapy (medication last generation drugs), blockades, intra-articular injection. As well as physical therapy, chiropractic, physical therapy, and special techniques, etc.
The main directions in the treatment of orthopedic Israel:
- Arthroscopic surgery is used for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes. Is carried out using a special mikrooborudovaniya inside the joint, the doctor's actions are displayed on the monitor. It is a less traumatic surgery and is performed for the treatment of intra-articular lesions, more rarely - to monitor the effectiveness of therapy. Performed on the ankle, knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist joints.
- spinal surgery involves the effects of radical treatment of degenerative spine diseases and injuries, are used minimally invasive and classical approaches. Successfully performed the implantation of discs and vertebrae. Special scope of orthopedics in Israel acquired micro-invasive neurosurgery, vertebral, and laser surgery. The most common cause of treatment of foreign nationals in the Israeli clinic is surgery to remove a herniated disc.
- Bone pathology is a trend in orthopedics Israel, which included oncology orthopedics and orthopedic pathologies of metabolic bone.
- Arthrology includes prevention, diagnosis and treatment of joint diseases (inflammatory and degenerative). Treatment process basically involves the use of conservative techniques in an outpatient setting.
- Podiatry is aimed at treatment of acquired and congenital foot defects.
- bone surgery deals with the treatment and rehabilitation of bone diseases: cancer, degenerative and professional pathologies, trauma.
- Prosthetic Dentistry restores the functional position, integrity and correct geometry of dental-maxilla apparatus. As part of this trend - Dentofacial Orthopedics and correction of bite abnormalities.
- Orthopedic Traumatology elements included neurology and surgery. Its purpose - to restore normal mobility, lost as a result of injuries of ligaments and bones, tendons and joints, muscles and nerves.
- Pediatric Orthopedics treats congenital developmental disorders of the locomotor apparatus of the child. It involves the application of conservative and surgical therapy.
- Sport orthopedics treat specific injuries of the musculoskeletal system, obtained in the course of professional sport activity.
- Prosthetics is a vast area in orthopedics Israel. Applies methods of substitution of objects of the musculoskeletal system, enabling them to work. This may be removable prostheses, orthoses, joint replacement, tendon transfer.
It is important to understand that the result of all the measures taken earlier due to the quality of the rehabilitation period. Orthopedic Rehabilitation refers to one of the most developed and successful areas in medicine in Israel. Arsenal its methods include physiotherapy, aquatherapy, different types of massage, therapeutic exercises, therapeutic physical training, therapeutic qualities, a variety of exercise equipment and so on.