Why does a child with cerebral palsy is better to drive in Israel?
Specialized departments Israel clinics take care of children suffering from cerebral palsy from infancy. Before you assign an individual treatment program, specialists carry out a full diagnosis of the child in which determine the type and form of the disease.
An integrated approach is used in the treatment of cerebral palsy in Israel, in most cases, it leads to a significant improvement in the quality of life of young patients. Parents and other members of the child's family receive advice from the experts, both during medical treatment and further care of the child when they return home.
Cerebral Palsy Treatment in Israel
When choosing a clinic for treatment of cerebral palsy in Israel should pay attention to what age take children on treatment, rehabilitation techniques which are used as modern equipment is used to treat. It passes the treatment of cerebral palsy in neurological clinic Assuta compartment.
Methods of rehabilitation of cerebral palsy in Israel
- Physiotherapy helps to solve problems with movement that are typical for this disorder. Physiotherapy is based on various methods that include stretching exercises, muscle strengthening and coordination of development. For each child a set of exercises is chosen individually. By maintaining and improving the overall health status of physical therapy they help children to participate fully in everyday life.
- Aqua therapy - allows you to train the musculoskeletal system with greater amplitude than on land, and improves the cardiovascular system, has a beneficial effect on the psyche. Aqua-therapy in Israel may include variations in water activities:
- Aqua - yoga.
- Walking in water countercurrents.
- Swimming (at each level).
- Breathing exercises.
- Balance exercises with the help of special tools.
- Playing in the water.
They offer a unique They treatment in Israel and the Dead Sea , located on the territory of the State. Dead Sea water contains many minerals that has a beneficial effect on the condition of patients with cerebral palsy. The number of sessions and duration of therapy will appoint a child therapist.
Therapy course the Speech not only Enhances the communication capabilities of the child, But IT contributes to better control of facial and oral muscles, the which is by important Because children with cerebral palsy may have Problems view with chewing and swallowing functions The.
Occupational therapy. The therapist will use exercises, games and exercises to help your child develop fine motor skills, improve hand-eye coordination and learn basic skills, such as dressing or pampering. After all, one of the occupational therapy purposes - to teach a child to care for themselves.
Therapy is effective is Art , Because IT Promotes the emotional, Intellectual and Psychological Rehabilitation of children with disease the this. A recent study published by the international medical journal of experimental and clinical studies have shown that children who were engaged in art therapy, significantly improved speech - they began to speak distinctly, loudly, have learned to control the rate of speech.
With pets Therapy Also have a positive effect on the child's condition. In particular hippotherapy - safe driving on a specially trained horse is well proven since the 60-ies of the last century. Therapy with horses can improve cognitive ability, body strength and endurance of the child. In addition, hippotherapy improves the social skills of the child and increases his confidence.
Snuzelen (multi-sensory therapy) promotes sensory and communication skills. This therapy was first used in the Netherlands in the 70-ies of the last century. The name "snuzelen" comes from the Dutch word "snuffelen" (learn to open) and "doezelen" (nap). Snuzelen therapy performed in a special room, which create the most comfortable environment in which there is a feeling of complete security. The therapeutic effect is achieved due to the fact that a child with cerebral palsy is completely relaxed.
The computer on the Classes , with the help of the Designed Specially programs The develop cognitive functions The - memory, Attention, Coordination, speech, thinking, of orientation, and: others.
Cerebral Palsy Treatment in Israel with the help of medications
Medicines to cure cerebral palsy (CP), alas, it is impossible, but they may be useful in treating a number of symptoms. Medications used for the treatment of cerebral palsy include:
- Antispasmodics - to reduce muscle spasms and muscle relaxation.
- Anticonvulsant drugs - to treat seizures in children who experience them as a side effect of the CPU.
- Antiholingery to help children who suffer from uncontrolled salivation.
Your doctor will determine which medicines are most appropriate for your child, and will pick up the required dose.
"Helpers" in the treatment of cerebral palsy in Israel
- Wheelchairs, walkers, and ergonomic chairs - used to help your child, keeping good posture, sit, lie down or stand.
- Orthopedic tools used to prevent deformation and to support or protect the limbs and trunk. These means may include braces and tires.
- Special utensils for eating or writing. Forks, spoons, knives, pencils and pens designed with features of fine motor skills of children with cerebral palsy.
- means of communication are used to help children who are hard of hearing or who find it difficult to communicate with others. This can be a special picture books and posters, alphabet boards that can be used for writing messages, as well as computers with software for speech recognition.
Surgical treatment of cerebral palsy in Israel
In some cases, surgery can alleviate the condition of children with cerebral palsy.
Orthopedic surgery. Orthopedic surgeons eliminate the symptoms of paralysis, that affect the skeleton and muscles. Surgery may be recommended if the muscles and tendons of the limbs of your child so short that causes problems with movement, balance and coordination. During the operation, the contraction of muscles and tendons that are too short, stretched or released. Surgical procedures are also used for the treatment of scoliosis hip dislocations and deformities of ankle and foot. By the way, one of the best pediatric orthopedics Israel international is Dr. Lionel Kopelevich, who directs the Department of Pediatric Orthopedics in "Assuta" medical center. The doctor performed the surgery for the correction of the deformed lower limbs in patients with cerebral palsy.
Neurosurgery. Some children with cerebral palsy suffer from severe pain that is an indication for surgical intervention. Neurosurgeons perform procedures that can help control pain and cramps caused by the CPU. Surgeons can implant the pump, which will enter the exact dose of medication directly into the spinal canal of the child. Neurosurgeons can also perform an operation during which cut certain nerves in the spine to reduce spasticity and improve the movement and posture of your child.